Oh hey, it’s me! Yep, I still have time to do these things sometimes. Like, once in a blue moon. Apparently, nursing school and a complete absence from social media aren’t conducive to consistent metal blogging. Who knew? Anyway, we’re already late on this, so I’ll shut up. Here’s some stuff you might have missed from today:
- Leading off, Bloodbath have been forced to cancel their North American tour dates — including their planned stop at Maryland Deathfest later this week — due to that old so-and-so, visa issues. [Evergreen sentiment here, but: you’re a real turd, visa issues!] Bloodbath joins Darkspace, Chthe’ilist, Blk Ops, Zemial, Baptism, Misþyrming, My Dying Bride, and Dagon’s Caravan of Awful [Alleged] Behaviors and Worldviews on this year’s MDF cancellation list.
- Next up, Anaal Nathrakh announced their new album, “A New Kind of Horror,” over the weekend. The album, the band’s tenth, drops September 28 via Metal Blade, and I for one am HERE FOR IT.
- Misery Index have announced about a month’s worth of late-summer European tour dates. If you’re in Europe, great! If you’re not, less-great!
- Cool stuff here: New York City councilman Justin Brannan — perhaps better known for his time in hardcore bands Indecision and Most Precious Blood — has introduced a bill that would ban ticket sellers from hiding their horseshit fees until the end of a sale. Not sure how feasible this is, but dude’s heart’s in the right place. Respect.
- And finally, Amorphis released a video for the Queen of Time highlight “Amongst Stars” (featuring Anneke Van Giersbergen!!!!!!!!!) Seriously, there aren’t enough exclamation marks in the world for that inspired combination. Anyway, check it out below:
How that thing didn’t end up being the album closer is beyond me. I guess it’ll have to settle for being a top fifteen Amorphis song probably ever. Shucks. Anyway, check back…sometime?…for more occasional news updates!
Keep it heavy,