Welcome back and happy Saturday everyone. Another week behind us, and I’m happy to see the other side of this one. I planned on spending this last week catching up with work after being away on vacation but it turns out that my mother gave me one last Christmas present: the goddamn plague. So this week has been mostly me, already sick, taking care of my partner, who got hit much harder than me with whatever bug we got passed to us. All my downtime did give me plenty of space to explore a ton of music though, both old and new. I’ve got some really exciting promos in my inbox that are making me happy, but I’ve also been catching up on late 2018 releases I’ve been missing, like a ton of releases from Sentient Ruin that I unfortunately slept on. Let me know what else I should have listened to in the comments. That’s what the internet is for, right?
Welcome back y’all. It’s been an interesting week. Work sucks (who actually likes their job anyway?) but I’ve been consoling myself by taking extra time in the mornings to take the train to work in lieu of driving. It gives me time to listen to an album on the way there and an album on the way home, which when coupled with the cold winter air and exercise has been doing wonders for my moods. It’s also helping immensely when it comes to categorizing my year end list. I still took time to check out the new song from American Football though; I grew up a sad man from Illinois and I’ll die a sad man from Illinois. Want to see what else I and my colleagues have been listening to? Check the playlist below…
Oh hey, it’s me! Yep, I still have time to do these things sometimes. Like, once in a blue moon. Apparently, nursing school and a complete absence from social media aren’t conducive to consistent metal blogging. Who knew? Anyway, we’re already late on this, so I’ll shut up. Here’s some stuff you might have missed from today:
- Leading off, Bloodbath have been forced to cancel their North American tour dates — including their planned stop at Maryland Deathfest later this week — due to that old so-and-so, visa issues. [Evergreen sentiment here, but: you’re a real turd, visa issues!] Bloodbath joins Darkspace, Chthe’ilist, Blk Ops, Zemial, Baptism, Misþyrming, My Dying Bride, and Dagon’s Caravan of Awful [Alleged] Behaviors and Worldviews on this year’s MDF cancellation list.
“This ritual must never end. The blood runs warm from the sacrificial shrine. Inflicting open wounds as dirty claws grab her trembling fucking neck.”
- Let’s start with a tour on this Monday, because that’s always the easiest. The Black Dahlia Murder, with Napalm Death as co-headliners, will hit North America with Abnormality, Pig Destroyer, Misery Index, and Power Trip to appear on select dates.
- And a rough start to another tour. Tribulation guitarist Jonathan Hultén broke a couple ribs over the weekend. The good news is that the band will continue the tour with all four members. Metal.
- Crowbar have been busy, and now we get a release date for their next album. The Serpent Only Lies will be out on October 28th. It’s their 11th studio album.
- Why not some Rammstein updates? According to keyboardist Christian Lorenz a.k.a. Flake, the band has been working on new music, but they don’t appear to have anything particularly structured at this point.
- In Flames released a new lyric video for “The End”, which debuted last week. Check it out. The video is better than the song. And I don’t hate the song, so that’s a good thing!
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Rushing because SOCCER very soon.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”