It’s hard to imagine a band blowing up more than Kardashev right now. Between their musical grind, which includes the astounding The Baring of Shadows from last year, their signing to Metal Blade Records, keeping the YouTube and Twitch games on lock, and all of the behind-the-scenes work they have done to bring their brand of beautiful, heavy music into the future, the self-styled “deathgaze daddies” seem to be just over the precipice of being household names. Liminal Rites, their debut for the aforementioned new label, sees them realize all of this potential in a big, beautiful way.Continue reading
Happy Friday, everyone! I have nothing further to add beyond that.
- So this is awesome. Crowbar is touring with Spirit Adrift this summer, beginning July 16th and running through August 27th. Not sure how I missed this update earlier in the week. Alas, no stops right in my backyard, but where there’s a will… there’s a way.
- The Halo Effect unveiled another new single, titled “The Needless End”. Curiously, after loving the first single, I kind of lost sight of this project. Regardless, their debut album, titled Days Of The Lost, is out on August 12th through Nuclear Blast.
- Killswitch Engage shared more material from their Live at the Palladium streaming event, so we’ll jump there next. Here is the clip for “As Sure as the Sun Will Rise”. That performance is available for the first time digitally today through Metal Blade.
- Haunt are releasing their seventh full-length album, Windows of Your Heart, on July 1st through Iron Grip and Church Recordings, and today they unveiled a new lyric video for “Mercenaries”.
- We’re going to wrap up with the ferocious new track from Inhuman Condition, titled “I’m Now The Monster”. That’s the third single taken from Fearsick, which is out on July 15th through Listenable Insanity Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
These work days are only a little bit fun. Which, I guess, is why my nights are spent doing this?
- Break out the drinking horns. Amon Amarth has a new album on the horizon. The Great Heathen Army is out on August 5th through Metal Blade. And yes, we do have new material to share along with that news. Give “Get in the Ring” a listen here.
- Symphonic metal veterans Stratovarius are also releasing a new album later this year, their first is almost a decade. Survive is set for a September 23rd through earMusic, and the title track can be heard now.
- Out of Nuclear Blast, Massacre has announced a new EP. That’s generally a good thing, because more Massacre is always the correct amount. Anyway, Mythos is out on July 1st. Check out “Behind The Serpent’s Curse”, which features Anders Odden of Cadaver, right now.
- New Cloak dates have been added to their 2022 schedule. These are June and July dates with Bewitcher, and you can get the full scoop here.
- And we’re going to wrap up with the video for the new single from Municipal Waste titled “Electrified Brain”. That’s the title track from their new album, which drops on July 1st through Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Home from Boston early enough to knock out a Canto? Not bad at all.
- Leading off, we have new material for Capra. Here is the video for “Red Guillotine”, a track taken from In Transmission, which dropped last year through Blacklight and Metal Blade. As an aside, be sure to catch them on the road with Whores and Bummer all through this month.
- Heilung are releasing their third full-length album on August 19th through Season of Mist, titled Drif. Along with this news, they released a video teaser for a track titled “Anoana”, which can be seen and heard here.
- Black metal solo artist Hulder is releasing The Eternal Fanfare MLP through 20 Buck Spin this coming July, and today unveiled the artwork, track list, and most importantly the first single, “Sylvan Awakening”. July tour dates with Skeleton are on the horizon as well.
- Let’s close with the new video from Benighted for “Casual Piece of Meat”. It’s pretty damn wild. That’s another sample from their 2020 album, Obscene Repressed, which is out through Season of Mist. If you need to round out your day with some deathgrind, this is a good place to start.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Creative and unique barely scratch the surface when referring to the electronic metal of Master Boot Record. On Personal Computer the tagline of “100% sythesized, 100% dehumanized” comes full circle as it sounds like what would happen between a war of computers and quite possibly the band’s best effort to date. Buke sat down with mastermind Victor Love to discuss the new album and how it came to be, how he got into making music and using computer sounds, the early days of the internet, his thoughts on signing to Metal Blade and how it has been working with them, his thoughts on pirating software and his music, and so much more. We now bring you this conversation in its entirety so grab your beverage of choice, a seat, and enjoy.Continue reading