Astute readers of this site might recognize that I have already written some words about Kardashev and their monumental EP The Baring of Shadows. When I think about the releases that I missed in 2020, The Baring of Shadows was one that made me feel like I needed to actually write something about it, simply because of how hard I was kicking myself for foregoing the chance to talk about music that touched me so deeply. Naturally, then, when the EP got a major label reissue, I knew I couldn’t let this chance slip through my fingers a second time.Continue reading
Mount Carcass is the latest from German death metal merchants Endseeker, and it dives deep into that classic old school sound pioneered by the likes of Entombed, Carnage, and Dismember. Sure, it’s easy to grab an HM-2 and tune down to Drop B, but Endseeker bring the songwriting chops and vision to not just emulate the old guard but bring their own modern spin to the genre. The riffs are tight, the groove is firmly in the pockets, and the tone? Chef’s kiss, my friends.Continue reading
It’s pouring out, and I still need to go for a run, but I am happy tomorrow is Friday.
- Dunk!festival is going virtual for 2021, and will feature the likes of Amenra, Brutus, B R I Q U E V I L L E, and many more. The online edition takes place the weekend of May 13th (which is a Thursday, but you know what I mean). Even better news… the event is free!
- Vildhjarta premiered a new track today, titled “När De Du Älskar Kommer Tillbaka Fran De Döda”. If I planned it right, it premiered less than an hour prior to this posting. That one is out through Century Media, and will be available on all streaming platforms tomorrow.
- Epica have announced “Ωmega Alive”, their first universal streaming event. That is, obviously, in support of their new album, and is scheduled for June 12th. Get your tickets and merch bundles here. And if you need help making a decision, you can also check out this trailer.
- Vulture is dropping a new album on May 21st titled Dealin’ Death, and today they released a new video for “Star-Crossed City”, taken from that album. The album will be out through Metal Blade, and the video is available for your viewing pleasure immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Locked down another pre-order today. I’ll let you guess which album…
- Just kidding, no guessing required. It’s the latest from Darkthrone. Eternal Hails…… is set for a June 25th release through Peaceville. All those pre-order options are available here, but I obviously went the vinyl route. We know it’s going to be incredible, but here’s an album trailer if you want.
- Another June 25th release worth mentioning today comes from Fractal Universe. Their new album, The Impassable Horizon, will be out through Metal Blade Records. For a preview of what’s to come, there’s a new video for “A Clockwork Expectation” within this pre-order link.
- Cold Cave premiered a new track from their upcoming new album, Fate In Seven Lessons. The album drops on June 11th, but you can check out this clip for “Prayer From Nowhere” right now.
- In celebration of the None More Black boxset, out through eOne, Black Label Society dropped a new video for “Heart of Darkness”. If you’re interested in that box set, here’s the purchase link. It’s pricey, but if you’re a BLS fan, no doubt it’ll be worth it.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I took a day off from work today, and still barely found time to get this done. Life is hard.
- Cryptosis have announced a free Bionic Swarm release show tomorrow, April 24th. That starts at 2:45 PM EST, and you can join the event here. That album dropped back on March 26th, and if you haven’t checked it out yet, be sure to scoop it up ASAP.
- Oh shit, another stream event. Two of them actually! Voivod have announced streaming shows on May 30th and June 27th, the second and third installment of the “Hypercube Sessions”. You can purchase tickets for each event individually, or as a bundle.
- Swedish prog-rock collective TheNightTimeProject have released a new standalone track, “Merkurius”. That’s available on all digital platforms, but Dronicon Films directed a video for it, so that’s obviously what we’re going to share here.
- In case you missed the premiere during Roadburn Redux, you can take a peak at a live performance from Obsidian Kingdom for “Womb of Wire” here. That footage is taken from last December’s AMFest.
- Capra released a new video today for “Medusa”, and that sounds like the right thing to wrap up the week with. In Transmission is officially out today through Blacklight Media/Metal Blade, so be sure to pick it up here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”