Metal Blade Records has been a household name for metal, and heavier music in general, lovers for longer than some of you have been alive. Founder, owner, and CEO Brian Slagel had a vision back in 1982 with the first of the Metal Massacre compilation series, to highlight, then, unknown heavy artists. This led to the beginnings of Metal Blade Records and a long standing relationship with fans all across the globe. This week marks the XV edition of the Metal Massacre series as the label nears 40 years in existence, and remains a dominant force in metal and beyond. Head inside for an in depth discussion via The Nine Circles Audio Thing.Continue reading
It appears that I won’t need to scramble to get this out in a timely fashion today!
- We’ll start with Hooded Menace, who have announced new album details along with a new single. The Tritonus Bell will be out on August 27th through Season of Mist, and the new track (which is a beast) is titled “Blood Ornaments” and can be streamed here.
- A couple of announcements from Cold Cave today. First, we’re getting a re-release of 2010’s Cherish The Light Years through Heartworm Press, which will be available officially on September 3rd. Secondly, that album will be performed in its entirety in Los Angeles and New York on August 28th and September 25th, respectively. Tickets available at those links. Cool stuff.
- We got new Heavy Temple. A new video single, “A Desert through the Trees”, is available now. That track is taken from their debut full-length, Lupi Amoris, which is set for a June 18th release through Magnetic Eye Records.
- And we’ll wrap up our Wednesday with the new video from Fractal Universe for “Symmetrical Masquerade”. That one is taken from The Impassable Horizon, their new album which is slated for a June 25th release through Metal Blade Records. Pre-order it here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It appears I will be making my return to California this year. Twice.
- Entheos has signed a worldwide deal with Metal Blade Records, which is awesome for them. It doesn’t look like we’re getting the debut release through that label until sometime next year, but for now check out this new teaser video.
- In advance of the release of The Lurch this coming Friday, Yautja shared a new video for “The Weight”. Give it a watch at this location, and be sure to scoop up their new album at the end of the week, which is out through Relapse Records.
- Inhuman Condition dropped a new (age-restricted) video for “Killing Pace”, which I suggest you take a few minutes to watch here. In case you weren’t aware (side note: I wasn’t) Rat°God is out on June 4th through Listenable Insanity Records.
- Obsidious have signed on with Season of Mist, one of my personal favorite labels, with ambitions of releasing their debut with them sometime early next year. Better yet, however, they also released a new track titled “Iconic”, which you can check out directly below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Episode 77 of The Nine Circles Audio Thing covers the debut full length from Louisiana’s Capra, In Transmission. Buke again captains the episode with a light cast of the usual suspects in tow as they discuss, and break down this album, band, and its dual label release.Continue reading
Like I said, at some point recently, the new release hits just keep coming. As always, keep your eyes peeled here for all the goods, but don’t forget to keep an eye on Bandcamp as well as following your favorite labels and bands on social media because let’s face it, we don’t have a magic ball nor do we know EVERY album coming out. We try. But, well, anyway, yea. Alright then, let’s see what kind of filth is in store this week…Maggot Crown are back with yet another wall of impenetrable death metal, one of Beyond Mortal Dreams‘ best albums is getting a re-release (more death metal), the ever popular and ever defining Metal Massacre series is dropping its XV edition, and Hippie Death Cult (damn, what a great band name) offer up an acid trip of a psychedelic, rockin’, laid back album that I simply can’t get enough of—good lake floatin’ album. Drop below and get your eyes full.Continue reading