It’s not coming home. Oh well.
Hey, it’s our third day in a row of Canto! If we get to five, Corey has to buy a Justin Bieber album! If we don’t, he has to eat a shoe! Here’s your metal news:
- Leading off, Voivod announced its 14th studio album, The Wake. The album will arrive September 21st on Century Media, two years after the mini album, Post Society and more than five after its last full-length, Target Earth. Get excited, y’all!
- Next up, Paradise Lost announced one hell of a fall tour to celebrate their 30th anniversary as a band. For three weeks this fall, they’ll be heading around the U.S. with Sólstafir and The Atlas Moth. We don’t deserve this bill. We really don’t.
- Opeth guitarist Fredrik Åkesson revealed that the band has started writing and demoing its next album, with a target release for Q1 next year. I’ve made clear my distaste for Opeth’s recent output, but if they make like Yes and Genesis before them and suddenly get into a “pop phase” on this one, you can sign me the fuck up. (They won’t.)
- Windhand announced its new album, Eternal Return, which will drop October 5 on Relapse. Let’s hope this one doesn’t sandwich two 14-minute tracks right next to each other like last time out.
- And finally, Horrendous shared a new song off their upcoming album, Idol. Check out “Soothsayer” below!
Idol drops September 28 via Season of Mist. You can bet your ass this guy’s pumped about it. Anyway, that’ll do it for now. Check back soon for updates!
Keep it heavy,