Welcome to another Saturday mixtape. One that I don’t have to frantically throw together at the last Minute! Because I actually managed to plan ahead for once! Go me. Let’s celebrate together with another batch of our favorite songs we’ve been listening to lately. We’ve got a full house and some eclectic picks today, so there’s plenty out there for everyone. Thanks for taking the time out to read the last one of these for this decade.
I was in the woods all weekend and now I’m not. Which is a way worse situation.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It is Saturday, my friends. Get yourself a cup of your morning beverage of choice and get ready for another of our weekly mixtapes. This week we’ve got a Battle of the Batushkas, a Not Metal band that I think is heavier than a good chunk of metal bands, and a brand new jam from the Florida sons in Torche. Look upon our works, ye mighty, and despair.
A little late today, but a lot of stuff happened that I felt like sharing. Aka easy content.
- Batushka, who have been dealing with their share of drama in recent months, announced that their next effort, titled Hospodi, will be out on July 12th. It’s funny, before all the drama, I never really knew who was in Batushka. Now that all of that has subsided… I still don’t.
- Weedeater is doing some more touring in the United States. We got a very limited run shows at the end of May and early June in the mid-Atlantic-ish.
- Summer Slaughter 2019, featuring Cattle Decapitation. Hot damn. I haven’t attended a Summer’s Laughter in a few years, but maybe things will change in 2019?
- Sólstafir, a group I adore but haven’t mentioned in a little while, released a new music video for “Bláfjall” today. The track is featured on Berdreyminn, which dropped back in 2017.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s not coming home. Oh well.
Hey, it’s our third day in a row of Canto! If we get to five, Corey has to buy a Justin Bieber album! If we don’t, he has to eat a shoe! Here’s your metal news:
- Leading off, Voivod announced its 14th studio album, The Wake. The album will arrive September 21st on Century Media, two years after the mini album, Post Society and more than five after its last full-length, Target Earth. Get excited, y’all!