I was in the woods all weekend and now I’m not. Which is a way worse situation.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It is Saturday, my friends. Get yourself a cup of your morning beverage of choice and get ready for another of our weekly mixtapes. This week we’ve got a Battle of the Batushkas, a Not Metal band that I think is heavier than a good chunk of metal bands, and a brand new jam from the Florida sons in Torche. Look upon our works, ye mighty, and despair.
A little late today, but a lot of stuff happened that I felt like sharing. Aka easy content.
- Batushka, who have been dealing with their share of drama in recent months, announced that their next effort, titled Hospodi, will be out on July 12th. It’s funny, before all the drama, I never really knew who was in Batushka. Now that all of that has subsided… I still don’t.
- Weedeater is doing some more touring in the United States. We got a very limited run shows at the end of May and early June in the mid-Atlantic-ish.
- Summer Slaughter 2019, featuring Cattle Decapitation. Hot damn. I haven’t attended a Summer’s Laughter in a few years, but maybe things will change in 2019?
- Sólstafir, a group I adore but haven’t mentioned in a little while, released a new music video for “Bláfjall” today. The track is featured on Berdreyminn, which dropped back in 2017.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s not coming home. Oh well.
Hey, it’s our third day in a row of Canto! If we get to five, Corey has to buy a Justin Bieber album! If we don’t, he has to eat a shoe! Here’s your metal news:
- Leading off, Voivod announced its 14th studio album, The Wake. The album will arrive September 21st on Century Media, two years after the mini album, Post Society and more than five after its last full-length, Target Earth. Get excited, y’all!
In the next few days the solstice will arrive, marking the longest day of the year before making its inexorable tread back to darkness. So why not listen to some of the music the Nine Circles staff have been blasting in an increasingly futile attempt to impose some semblance of order into our chaotic lives? There’s a mix of a number of different sounds this week, running from hardcore and black metal to country and whatever we’re classifying Zeal & Ardor these days (besides excellent).
Grab a beverage, make sure your sunglasses are snug, and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel here so you can treasure these playlists forever like a parent with severe attachment issues. As a creepy dude on an island once said, “Be seeing you.” Continue reading