The one thing that has been the most consistent about the almost quarter of a century long career of Icelandic giants Sólstafir is their inconsistency. Certainly not in terms of quality, but in their sound. There’s always been a strong tendency to break any semblance of genre rules and regulations and do whatever their hearts desire. This has led them through the labels of black metal, post rock, grunge, art rock and more. But to them, they’ve always just done their own thing, and on their newest effort Endless Twilight of Codependent Love, they’re even harder to pin down.Continue reading
You better fucking vote tomorrow… if you haven’t already.
- Sólstafir has announced a virtual listening party for Endless Twilight of Codependent Love tomorrow morning at 10 AM EST. The official release date is this coming Friday, through Season of Mist.
- Fozzy has announced their first ever live streamed concert experience. That event, “Capturing Judas”, takes place on November 14th, live from Madison Records Studios in Atlanta. It sounds like a ton of fun, so check out some more details and snag a ticket here.
- Anti-Flag just released a digital deluxe edition of 20/20 Division, from this past January, with five new songs… just in time for the election. Scoop it up here.
- We’ll close today with a new video from dark rock artist Sharone. This clip is for “Fade Away”, the second track from Morbid Illusion, which drops next May through Devil Inside Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
No lie, and not that anyone cares, last week wore me down, with the exception of Halloween, and even though early, this week appears to be much the same ol’ beatings. YAY me. Also, this is the week to do the thing and get your voice heard so go vote, if you haven’t already. Monday means new metal list time so grab your wallets and get your clicky fingers ready; coming in HOT with a fiery death metal debut is Cult Burial who we recently did a Profile with so check that out as well and Sólstafir walk a very fine line between rock and metal but on their seventh album they make it sound even better than ever before. We’ve also got new death/doom from Pulchra Morte and very experimental black metal from MRTVI. Good stuff up top this week but more good stuff awaits below so click, listen, and support as many as you can.Continue reading
I skipped this the last couple of days because reasons.
- A few new tracks to share today, so we’ll start with Surma. They have their debut album dropping on November 6th through Metal Blade called The Light Within, and today they shared a single from that album titled “Until It Rains Again”.
- Crown the Empire and Volumes are teaming up for a joint streaming event called The Battle of Los Angeles. That will take place on October 16th at 7:00 PM EST.
- Ingested have also announced a live streamed concert event, scheduled for Halloween, called Dominion. This should be a lot of fun, so get your tickets here.
- And finally, the new video from Sólstafir for “Her Fall From Grace”. Endless Twilight of Codependent Love drops on November 6th through Season of Mist.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome to another edition of our Saturday morning playlist. Today, we’ve got the new Gojira single for you, alongside other new cuts from Primitive Man, Black Crown Initiate, Uada, and Incantation. And you know there’s plenty more in there that you’ll like, so jump in below and get your morning started right.