It appears to be a slow news day. Or am I just being lazy?
- Century Media has announced the inaugural Isolation Festival, featuring Insomnium, Voivod, Borknagar, and many more. This event will take place a week from today. If you can devote a handful of hours to watching a bunch of awesome bands play from the comfort of your own home, you should.
- The next album from Steve Von Till has been given an August 7th release through Neurot Recordings. The album will be titled No Wilderness Deep Enough and you can hear the first track from that record now, which is called “Dreams of Trees”. I already pre-ordered it, did you?
- Looks like some vocals are being laid down by Dave for the next Megadeth record. I’m gonna go off a hunch here and say the new record is near completion, which is exciting. Fun fact: I ordered a Megadeth puzzle and mask last week and can’t wait for it to get here.
- And we’ll close with some tasty new stuff from Arcaine. Here is the video for “Void”, taken from the album As Life Decays, which dropped back in February. Enjoy.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Good morning all. Welcome to another Saturday mixtape session. This week, your resident screamo buff loses his mind over both new envy and new Loma Prieta (!!!!!), our newest staff member throws in one of Yob’s finest cuts (and check out her review of the new Tribulation live album if you haven’t already), and Chris reminds me that I need to be listening to more Voivod always. If you’re looking for something new to jam, there’s something for just about everyone here, so grab some headphones and a strong morning beverage and check out what we’ve been listening to down below.
How long has it been? Over a week? Jesus, I’m sorry about that. Blame marathon training.
- As always, let’s start with a tour. And there is a big one to mention today. Revocation are co-headlining a North American tour with Voivod. Supporting acts include Psycroptic, Skeletal Remains, and Conjurer. Seriously… that shit is stacked. Dates are this coming fall.
- Another tour, also large. Municipal Waste and Napalm Death, with Sick of it All and Take Offense. Dates are in October, and as it happens my local date for this tour is the same weekend/festival as the tour above. But it’s in Worcester. Attendance likelihood: 20%.
- Horrendous fans out there may be interested in their two hour Gimme Radio show that starts tonight at 7:00. They’ll have their own playlist, fielding live questions from fans, and all kinds of fun stuff. And if you miss it, there’s a re-air on Sunday.
- Amon Amarth dropped a new video for “Mjolner, Hammer of Thor”. You know, the most Amon Amarth-iest song title out of the all the Amon Amarth song titles.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
You may recall my absolute mess of thoughts and words from three weeks ago, where I talked about a couple shows I attended at the end of March. Well, we’ve finally reached the second phase of my 2019 concert review installment thingy. (I skipped the first shows I went to for some reason.) Based on the headline above, you might think this little piece only discusses one evening of metal. But oh how wrong you would be. Well, actually only a little wrong. You see, not only was I fortunate enough to attend the Yob, Voivod, and Amenra show at the Royale on the 3rd, but I also had the opportunity to checkout the Portland date of this tour at Geno’s the night before. Let’s talk about those two nights, yeah?