It’s gross outside. Let’s talk metal for a bit and forget about the moistness of this Monday afternoon. Here’s some news you might have missed from today:
- Leading off, Maryland Deathfest announced the first wave of bands playing its 17th edition next Memorial Day. The highlights from this crop? Immolation, Pestilence, Mortician, Vomitory, Tomb Mold, Full of Hell and a bunch more. Peep the full list here — and maybe think about starting your anti-cancellation prayers ahead of time. Like, today.
- Next up, if you’re waiting for substantive news about what Behemoth‘s been working on…well, you’re gonna need to keep waiting. If you’re not particularly keen on substantive news, HEY! Here’s a new interview Nergal did with Full Metal Jackie where he describes their new material as “one of a kind” and “something we’ve never done before.” I love PR-speak. (Read: I hate PR-speak.)
- Show of hands if any of y’all knew legendary producer Steve Albini is also a poker player? Anyone? Well, he is — and apparently, he won himself a Seven Card Stud event at the World Series of Poker over the weekend. Top prize? A cool $105k.
- It’s June, so I’m sure, like, 30% of you are probably already thinking about your New Year’s plans by now, right? Well, Rammstein may just have given you another possibility to factor in — the German legends announced a massive, two-day beach party to ring in 2019 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Could be fun, right?
- Abhorrence dropped “Anthem for the Anthropocene” — its first new song in 28 years — over at Decibel, and why are you even still reading this? Go listen!
- And finally, a new track from Defeated Sanity! Check out “Insecta Incendium” below.
The song will see official release on August 17, as a bonus track on the reissue of 2010’s Chapters of Repugnance. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back soon for more!
Keep it heavy,