Did you find a ton of metal from last week that still has you reeling? I, for one, certainly did and between all the new release lists out there, Bandcamp, unknown, and surprise releases, if you didn’t find something I’d be shocked. And here we are with another new week and another new list of releases to sink your teeth into, as we do. This week we’ve got Bummer who continue to harsh your mellow with grueling sounds, Full of Hell return with another deathgrind beast, Xenosis successfully tick off all the tech death boxes, Enslaved are back with an EP that dives deeper and deeper into their progressive black metal, and, as always, there’s a ton more lying in wait below. So, another stacked week here on Initial Descent that’ll have everyone walking away with something. Enjoy.Continue reading
Welcome to another Saturday morning playlist, friends. This week, we have a slew of new singles, from the death metal of Atrae Bilis and Dream Unending to the scenecore revival of Seeyouspacecowboy. Plus, my personal favorite Envy song, Chvrches upbeat synthpop, and much more. Check it out below.
Apparently there’s a lot going on today?
- So let’s start with Wolves in the Throne Room, who have announced an early 2022 North American tour with Uada and Full of Hell. Those dates run in January and February, starting and ending in the Pacific Northwest. Tickets go on sale this coming Friday.
- And then we have a few new tracks and/or videos to share. The first of which comes from Obscura. This is the third single taken from A Valediction, titled “Devoured Usurper”. As a reminder, that album drops on November 19th through Nuclear Blast.
- Extreme metal collective Apes have signed on Translation Loss Records, and have announced a new EP titled Lullabies For Eternal Sleep. In conjunction, they also gave us this vicious new music video for “Cornwall”, the opening track from said EP.
- And then we have another one from Season of Mist Underground Activists. Necrofier dropped a new video for “Betrayal of the Queen”, which is taken from their debut full-album, titled Prophecies of Eternal Darkness. That drops on October 22nd.
- And last but certainly not least, we’ll wrap up with Omnium Gatherum, one of our longtime favorites. The video for “Reckoning” can be found below. That’s another new one off of Origin, which is out on November 5th through Century Media.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Things just keep getting weirder and weirder…
- Big news for Ingested, who have been added to the Metal Blade Records roster. Quite a way to celebrate their 15th anniversary as a band, as well as the 10th anniversary of their sophomore effort, The Surreption, which saw a complete re-recording this year.
- Gothic rock legends Christian Death are reissuing the 1985 EP The Wind Kissed Pictures on November 19th through Season of Mist. That will be available on vinyl format for the first time in 30 years, so if you’re interested I’d recommend jumping on that quickly.
- Kolossus released a new lyric video for “The Last Of The Titans”, the first track from the upcoming new album, K. That album is set to be released on October 22nd through My Kingdom Music.
- Let’s close with the latest video from Full of Hell, for “Eroding Shell”. Garden of Burning Apparitions drops on October 1st through Relapse Records, and I personally cannot wait to hear this beast in full. Soon…
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I don’t always like taking Monday off from this stuff because there’s so much going on, but life be like that sometimes.
- We’ll start with Omnium Gatherum, who have set November 5th as the release date for Origins. Their new full-length album will be out through Century Media, and the video for the first single taken from that album, “Paragon”, is available right here.
- Whitechapel have also unveiled details about their next album. Kin will be out on October 29th through Metal Blade, and a new track, titled “Lost Boy”, can be streamed here. Side note: I dig the artwork of this one.
- Negură Bunget, which is just super fun to say, are also among those to announce upcoming new albums. Their final album, Zău, will be out on November 26th through Prophecy Productions. These always come with a new single/video, so here’s the link to “Brad”.
- More videos today. Low hanging fruit and all that. Check out the clip from American Teeth for “Sick”. Sure is a lot going on there… and I’m not necessarily complaining.
- We’re going to close with the new video from Full of Hell because of course we are. Check out the clip for “Reeking Tunnels” below. That’s taken from Garden of Burning Apparitions, which drops on October 1st through Relapse Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”