Intricate black metal is alluring as it satisfies many musical cravings. There is a rawness in the growled vocals and a beauty in the layered sounds. There is also an interesting juxtaposition in the furious tempos and almost meditational atmospheric breaks. French metal scene pioneers, Seth, released what the band is referring to as the sequel to their debut album almost 23 years later, La Morsure du Christ. This album is a nod to Seth’s beginnings and their original style consisting of blast beat drumming, snarled vocals, rhythmic and melodic guitar, and expertly combined sounds.Continue reading
Ok, there is a lot to get to today, let’s have at it.
- Is anyone else either staying up super late or waking up super early to pre-order the Cinematic Tour 2020 release from Enslaved? I’m going to do my best, because everything I’ve seen to this point looks absolutely incredible.
- Behemoth are reissuing one their best works, Evangelion, on vinyl through Metal Blade Records. The official release is June 11th, and there a couple different variants available. Pre-order that one here.
- French black metallers Seth have released a new song and video, commemorating the anniversary of the Notre Dame fire, titled “Les Océans du Vide!”. That’s taken from La morsure du Christ, which is out on May 7th through Season of Mist. Check out the video right here.
- Bodysnatcher shared a cover of the classic Hatebreed track “Smash Your Enemies”. There’s a limited edition 7″ available here, or you can just check out the visualizer on YouTube.
- And that’s enough for Thursday. We’ll close with the brand new video from Pestilence for “Morbvs Propagationem”. That track is taken from Exitivm, which is out on June 25th (Agonia Records).
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I got new glasses today. Yes, that is the most exciting thing that’s happened to me in the last 24 hours. Well, that and my Pelagic coffee.
- Capra has their debut album scheduled for an April 23rd release through Blacklight Media and Metal Blade Records. It’ll be titled In Transmission, and it’s one we are anticipating quite a bit in the Nine Circles camp. So, naturally, we’re going to plug the new single, “Samuraiah Carey”.
- Skillet have announced a drive-in theater tour, with dates running from April 22nd through May 23rd. Wait… why am I sharing Skillet news? Moving on…
- French black metal collective Seth have unveiled new album details, as well as a new single. The self-titled album is scheduled for a May 7th drop through Season of Mist, and you can listen to “La Morsure du Christ” right here.
- Krossfyre released the first single from their Hells Headbangers debut album. Rites of Extermination won’t be released until this summer, with a specific date still to come, but you can check out “Infernal War” right now.
- And lastly, the new video from Paysage d’Hiver for “Äschä”. That track is taken from Geister, which is set for an April 23rd release.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”