These days are slowly (quickly?) killing my sanity.
- Alright, so you all need to start your evening by watching members of Spirit Adrift, Mutoid Man, and High On Fire cover Steely Dan’s “Reelin’ In The Years”. I would like to thank Two Minutes To Late Night for bringing us that absolute gift.
- Canceled or postponed tours don’t only hit bands hard financially, but also their road crews. To help support the folks that make the killer In Flames shows happen year in and year out, the band has decided to drop a new shirt to benefit them. 100% of the proceeds go directly to their crew. Solid stuff, In Flames, solid stuff.
- Speaking of canceled things, Hellfest is the latest festival to bail on 2020. Scheduled for the weekend of June 19th, this year was supposed to mark the 15th anniversary of the festival, and feature the likes of Faith No More, Judas Priest, etc. Instead, for obvious reasons, the organizers will try again in 2021.
- And we’ll close with a new lyric video from Witches of Doom for the track “Sister Fire.” That track is taken from Funeral Radio, which is out now on My Kingdom Music. Do what ya gotta do.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Look here, we enjoy doing these playlists and sharing what we, collectively, have been listening to over the past week. And, it’s a great opportunity to share some really amazing track premieres too – always a plus. At the end of the day though, we do it to share all this with YOU as our little way of making the weekend better. With that said, feel free to tell us in the comments if you dig these things or not. And if not, what would you change or do different? Anyway, we’ve got another heaping pile of picks from across the spectrum of metal, and beyond, so hit the play button and crank it.
Folks, it’s Saturday. The day that felt like it’d never come. But alas and long week be damned it’s time for whatever it is you do when you’re not paying the bills. And of course we’re here to help soundtrack the whole thing with another loaded playlist of the things we’ve been jamming this week. We’ve got tons of death metal, some hardcore..ish sludge, a little bit of black metal, a lot of stuff in between, and we close the whole thing down with a tribute to Des Kensel who just announced his departure from High On Fire, sad news. Go, hit the play button, and let the rough side drag. Oh, if you were subscribed to our YouTube channel you could’ve had this playlist last night so do that right here.
I am back from Wyoming and have returned to the pathetic existence that is routine.
- Lacuna Coil and All That Remains have announced a co-headlining tour. Support will come from Bad Omens, Toothgrinder, Eximious, and Uncured. Dates are in September and October. Tickets go on sale this coming Friday.
- Oh look, another metal/beer collaboration. This time Chevelle has teamed up with Revolution Brewing to bring you La Gargola Helles Lager. I love German lagers, so I am obviously very accepting of this reality. The launch party is scheduled for 8/1 at the Revolution Brewpub in Chicago. Go to that because I cannot.
- Texas death metallers Creeping Death have announced a whole bunch of stuff. First, their debut full-length, titled Wretched Illusions, will be out on September 27th via Entertainment One. Secondly, you can catch them on tour pretty much the rest of year with either Inter Arma or High On Fire and Power Trip. Finally, they also dropped a video for “Bloodlust Contamination”. Check all that stuff out in the link above.
- Let’s close with a new video from Eradikator for “Nightmare Dawning”. They have a new album set to drop in early August called Obscura via Divebomb Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Happy Monday. I had basically half a tooth replaced today, which was fun.
- Let’s start with the obvious and congratulate High On Fire for winning a Grammy last night. Those awards mean absolutely nothing, but at least a metal award went to an actual metal band, and not, like, Tenacious D.
- Updates from Dead To A Dying World are always welcomed. Having joined the Profound Lore roster, the Texas-based dark metal band have announced their next album, Elegy will be out April 19th. And I cannot fucking wait.
- Here something for the darker synthwave fans out there. GosT has announced a North American tour with Perturbator. The dates run through April and May and I can think off a few people that are going to jump on this immediately.
- How about a new video from Visigoth? Yes? Yes. Ok. This is “Traitor’s Gate” from Conqueror’s Oath.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”