I’m listening to Myopic right now. Just in case you were curious.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
The day before the day before Thanksgiving.
- Terrorizer have announced an absolute beast of a tour… in Europe. Unfortunately, that’s not a thing I can participate in. But since they’ll be cruising around with Skeletal Remains and De Profundis, I suggest those who can, should.
- Hatebreed turns 25 next year, which is pretty wild to think about. It looks like they are looking to play some gigs to celebrate. Seems appropriate.
- I missed this somehow. The new Rammstein album, which is a real thing I get to say, will be mixed next month. Furthermore, it sounds like they will be on tour for a full three years following the release. Good news.
- Sludgecore on a casual Tuesday. Mastiff have announced their new album, Plague, will be out on February 1, 2019 through APF Records. For now, be sure to check out “Hellcircle” below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
In last month’s column, I discussed my love for melodeath and how it got introduced to me by a dear friend of mine who continues to be a major part of my life to this day. Of course, with melodeath going into an interesting direction (trance elements?), we have to talk about one of the more fun yet confusing genres in the metal world.
Also, talking about this genre has made me realize just how damn angry I was back when I first discovered metal. No kid should have the sheer amount of pent-up rage that I did when I was 13/14. Of course, now at 24, my anger has simmered, but it’s still there, hiding underneath the niceties and the spite that seems to power the entire core of my being.
It’s time we talk about Industrial Metal. Continue reading
It’s gross outside. Let’s talk metal for a bit and forget about the moistness of this Monday afternoon. Here’s some news you might have missed from today:
- Leading off, Maryland Deathfest announced the first wave of bands playing its 17th edition next Memorial Day. The highlights from this crop? Immolation, Pestilence, Mortician, Vomitory, Tomb Mold, Full of Hell and a bunch more. Peep the full list here — and maybe think about starting your anti-cancellation prayers ahead of time. Like, today.
Annnnd, here we are on another Monday. After battling with the lawn and way too many too long trips with too many wheelbarrow loads of mulch I need an extra day. Trying to be the essential “Hammer of the Gods” just didn’t work out. But, I tried. Counts for something I guess. So, to trudge painfully into this new week we will. Anyway, it was still good though, it was warm and the sun was out for the most part. However, no one wants to hear belly aching but everyone wants to hear some good music right? Yes! And, like we usually do on Monday there’s a playlist below of what tickled our collective fancy last week and is perfect for today. Head on over to our YouTube channel and subscribe then hit the play button. Stay with us, we’ll see you soon.. Continue reading