Hey all. It’s Jon, freshly cast out from the land of the employed, and finally ready to stare into the doom that awaits us. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Immersion, the latest from Primitive Man and my first attempt using the Brewer’s Best Scottish Ale Homebrew Recipe Kit.
- Benighted have shared a new single, which you can scoop up over on their Bandcamp page, titled “Serve to Deserve”. All proceeds benefit the Rock N’Eat concert venue in Lyon to help keep their doors open.
- Varathron have released a live single for “Tenebrous”, taken from their upcoming 30th anniversary live album Glorification Under The Latin Moon, which drops on September 25th through Agonia Records.
- The debut record from Repentance drop on September 25th through Art is War Records and Intercept Music, but you can get a taste of what’s to come right now with the new song and video for “God For A Day”.
- If you’re in the mood for some industrial metal this Tuesday evening, check out the new video from Realize for “Slag Pile”. That track is taken from their upcoming sophomore release, Machine Violence, which is out on September 25th through Relapse Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I’m kicking this off with a plug, because I can. Head over to Magnetic Eye’s Bandcamp page and preorder the upcoming Dirt [Redux]. I’m generally not a fan of cover albums or reimagining type of deals but this one is all that and a bag of chips. Alrighty then, plug over and time to showcase all the new metals this week, YAY. It’s only been three years since Incantation’s last album but with this week’s release of their 12th full length the wait is well worth it and even though they’ve got nothing to prove they still show their supremacy in a stellar year for death metal. Speaking of stellar death metal, Cytotoxin offer up their fourth full length of Chernobyl inspired putridity, Unleash the Archers continue to put the “power” in power metal, and Volcanova rip stoner metal a new asshole. As always, there’s a ton more to dig into so get busy. Continue reading
Denver Colorado’s Primitive Man have been banging out the sickest and gnarliest sludge/doom jams since 2012 and have risen to the top of this heap in very short order. No light, no hope, ear smashing, and soul crushing are all things this band has been doing with aplomb since their debut Scorn. And now, with their third full length Immersion, the band is poised to slaughter eardrums and souls worldwide. They’ve figured out exactly how to build tension and let it simmer to the boiling point and have also figured out how to make it explode into a cauldron of hatred so nasty that many will have a tough time looking inside.
“A break in the sky, the horizon bled above – the dream was real, the storm gathered.”
- Wayfarer have announced a new full-length scheduled for an October 16th release through Profound Lore. The album will be titled A Romance With Violence and you can check out the first single, “The Iron Horse (Gallows Frontier, Act II)” right now.
- Genghis Tron are marking their return with a new album in 2021, their first since 2008. The album is being recorded right now in Salem, MA and will eventually be available through Relapse Records.
- Some somber news emerged this weekend, as Entombed / Entombed A.D. vocalist LG Petrov was diagnosed with cancer. Our thoughts are with him as he fights this thing. If you want to make a contribution to the cause, you can do so here.
- Night Demon released a new single and live video for “In Trance”. You can pre-order the single here through whichever format is your go-to, and check out the video immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”