Kicking myself for not carving out time to get this in yesterday’s schedule. Alas.
- OF COURSE we’re going to open with the latest track and video from The Ocean. This one is for “Oligocene”, which serves as a transition between the Mesozoic and Cenozoic segments of the record. Phanerozoic II is out on September 25th through Metal Blade.
- Anybody check out the stream of Enslaved‘s “Below The Lights” performance, a collaboration with the Beyond The Gates Festival? Here’s the link if you need it. Utgard is out on October 2nd through Nuclear Blast.
- In this latest trailer for the 20th anniversary of Clayman, Anders and Björn get into the evolution of the band since that album was released. I’m actually curious to hear from these two on this subject. That drops on August 28th, also through Nuclear Blast.
- Post black metal sounds like a good way to transition into Friday, so here’s a new visualizer from Vous Autres for “Onde”. Sel de Pierre is out on September 25th through Season of Mist.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome to another edition of our Saturday morning mixtape. This week, Chris is on a hardcore kick, Josh gives you a classic Josh pairing of country and death metal (not in the same song mind you), and I’ve got hip-hop on my mind. Check it all out below.
“To truly understand the essence of antiquity, learn the lore of the land. Become the atavist. Embark on a journey through the aeons of time.”
- The Ocean have unveiled new details behind the release of Phanerozoic II: Mesozoic | Cenozoic, which will be out on September 25th through Metal Blade and Pelagic Records. You can also listen to a new track, titled “Jurassic | Cretaceous”, and this may come as a surprise, but it’s really friggin’ good.
- Emma Ruth Rundle dropped a new track today called “Staying Power”. This one was actually recorded during the On Dark Horses sessions, but wasn’t released until now. It can be purchased at this location, if you feel so inclined.
- Saor has announced reissues of Roots and Aura through Season of Mist. The release dates are scheduled for August 21st and September 11th, respectively. They can be pre-ordered now at this location.
- And we will close with this new video from Psycroptic for “Beyond The Black”. That one is taken from the 2018 album, As The Kingdom Drowns, available through Prosthetic Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
A couple long days in the books. A couple long days until mountains.
- Yo, check out this lineup for UK Tech-Fest. The Ocean, Black Crown Initiate, Fit For An Autopsy… There is zero chance of me making this festival (July 2nd – 6th), but if I could I absolutely would.
- Hatebreed have announced a headlining 2020 tour here in the U.S. The dates are in May and support is in the form of After The Burial, Havok, and Creeping Death. Tickets can be found here this Friday.
- One more tour for today. Whitechapel have announced the Burn To Emerge U.S. tour this coming May and June. Support on that one will be from As I Lay Dying and Shadow Of Intent. I will 100% NOT be attending this one.
- Green Carnation have revealed new album details. It’s been 14 years since the last album, but May 8th will bring us Leaves of Yesteryear through Season of Mist. You can check out the title-track right now.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s been a while (9/19) since I have written something for the column, but real life sucks; between grad school and putting my body through the wringer, priorities shifted and this kept getting pushed back. However, this hasn’t stopped me from listening to music and writing about other things, so we are going to continue the addenda. There are five genres left and then we can finally move on to other genres and whatever else I want to write about, because after two more genres, we might be going into no man’s land.
Also, when this gets published, it might be the new year, so Happy New Year, everyone! Continue reading