Hey! I’m back!
- Let’s start off with nothing even remotely new to this routine… a tour announcement! Sanctuary will be rolling through some North America dates with Ghost Ship Octavius as support. Dates are in July and August, and Joseph Michael is still on vocals. He did well on their last tour, so that last bit shouldn’t be much of a surprise.
- This is a run of shows I’m slightly more excited about. Wayfarer have added some east coast dates to their 2019 plans, and that is tremendous news. They’ll be joined by Falls Of Rauros, another favorite of mine. They’ll be touring starting in May, but these specific shows will be in July.
- Immortal Bird are also up to things. Their next full-length effort, titled Thrive On Neglect, will be out on July 5th through 20 Buck Spin. In conjunction with that announcement, you can taste the new title-track right now. Oh, and they also have some shows coming up next month.
- Fleshgod Apocalypse have released a live video for “Healing Through War”. This clip was taken from their “An Evening In Perugia” show. A casual reminder that Veleno will be out on May 24th via Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
My promo for the new Dead To A Dying World just hit, so I bet you can guess what I’ll be doing the rest of the night! …Listening to Litany over and over again…
- Wayfarer have announced a small handful of shows surrounding their performance at Northwest Terrorfest. They’ll be joined by Inter Arma and Thanifaxath, so if you’re out west… you really don’t want to miss this.
- Aaaaanother tour. Wristmeetrazor with SeeYouSpaceCowboy (I’m noticing a trend…) throughout the month of may. Wristmeetrazor has a handful of April dates as well with Safe and Sound. Just FYI there.
- In case anybody out there needed a Megadeth update, Dave Mustaine claims to be finished with eight out of what will be 12 or 13 songs for a new record… again, just FYI.
- Tonight’s video comes from Full of Hell, and it’s coupled with new album news. So all kinds of good things, basically. Weeping Choir (awesome album name) drops on May 17th, and the track we’ve been treated to today is called “Burning Myrrh”.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Ah, yes. Here we are again. Yet another journey around the sun has given us reason to pause and reflect on how lucky we are to have, almost literally, an indefinite source of music and art to appreciate at any moment in time. In this case, the musical form known as heavy metal. Yes, even in our very defined place in the artistic world, there is an unending wave of inspired music that we endlessly celebrate, together, across the globe. Except… wait, metal internet is basically the worst and ruins everything, doesn’t it? Nevermind. Continue reading
Who knew when we started this thing that we’d be 61 volumes deep at this point. I don’t know but I do know that we just love it so there’s that. Brother Vince is off swashbuckling somewhere and probably killing his liver just a little bit more than usual so I’ll be your temporary host – miss me? I didn’t think so. Are we having fun reading all the best of 2018 lists yet? Yep, me too. AND, we will be hosting a few more of those in the coming days so stay tuned for that. Be sure to go back and check out what new blood J and Chris had to offer and you just might find something new or something you forgot about but shouldn’t have. After all, that’s the point. Anyway, you came for another loaded playlist and we’re here to be a blessing in that regard so hit the play button below. Oh and Merry Christmas or Merry Tuesday if you don’t celebrate. See you here next week.