Allegaeon has fast become a household name in the tech death metal arena, and for good reason. Their last album Apoptosis was a beacon in the tech-melodic-death-metal arena and placed the band on the same wavelength as the giants in this genre. And maybe even head and shoulders above their competition. Eye of the beholder sort of thing, obviously, but these dudes are the real deal. Period. With that said, head inside for an in depth discussion with Riley McShane via The Nine Circles Audio Thing.Continue reading
I have officially stocked the fridge with more spring appropriate beers.
- Let’s start with Emperor, who are marking their 30 years of existence with a livestream event titled “A Night of Emperial Wrath 2021”. The event is scheduled for May 23rd and will include guest appearances from Faust and Mortiis. Tickets are available here.
- Allegaeon are back in the studio to record their sixth full-length effort, and follow-up to 2019’s Apoptosis. Furthermore, new drummer Jeff Saltzman will be joining them for the entirety of the recording process. These dudes have some momentum right now, and that’s awesome.
- And then we have Vreid, who have released “Into the mountains”, the latest track taken from Wild North West. The track features original recordings from the late Windir frontman Valfar. Check out the song and accompanying video here. As a reminder, that album is set for an April 30th release through Season of Mist.
- And we’ll close Tuesday with the new single and video from Desaster for “Learn to Love the Void”. That track comes with the announcement of a new album, Churches Without Saints, which will be out on June 4th through Metal Blade Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome to another Saturday morning mixtape, perfect to get you up and awake if you find yourself in a post-Christmas hangover state. We jammed this one full of our favorite holiday themed tracks, plus a few choice secular jams to round things out. Grab your cup of cheer and listen down below.
This might be the most Monday-ish Wednesday ever.
- Witherfall shared a lyric video today for the new track “Another Face”. That’s another one taken from their upcoming new album, Curse Of Autumn, which officially drops on Marth 5th through Century Media.
- Nightfall have announced a new album, scheduled for a release on March 5th as well. That one will be called At Night We Prey, and it will be available through Season of Mist, their label debut. Check out “Darkness Forever”, a new track taken from that record, right now.
- This likely won’t apply to me, or anyone else in North America, but Archspire have ambitions for a 2021 European tour. It’s actually a pretty stacked bill with Allegaeon, Black Crown Initiate, Rivers of Nihil, and To The Grave. The dates aren’t until November, so we’ll see!
- Michigan metalcore group Of Virtue dropped a new video today. Check out the clip below for “Pictures Of You (Reimagine)”, taken from What Defines You, which is available through SharpTone Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Saturday post because SO many things happened yesterday.
- Allegaeon released a new digital single, Concerto in Dm, which features that title-track and B-side “In Flanders Fields”. Those tracks date back to the Apoptosis days, and you can check out a play-through and documentary here.
- Trivium’s Matt Heafy has teamed up with social media person/human/whatever Jared Dines to create the Dines X Heafy EP. Watch the video for the single “Dear Anxiety” if you feel so inclined.
- Tribulation opened my Friday with a pretty substantial lineup change. Jonathan Hultén has made the decision to pursue other paths, with Joseph Tholl taking his place. There appears to be no negative feelings in any direction… but this is still weird for me.
- And finally, Soilwork released a new video for “A Whisp Of The Atlantic”, the title-track from their new EP which dropped Friday through Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”