Evidently the internet at Vince’s house is blown. I’m assuming this is because he’s so damn fast and just shorted it out but the powers that be won’t budge to fix it in time so you got me instead. Hi. Anywho, Saturday means it’s time for good music and since we’re here we may as well make today a better day for all who come ’round to see what the 9C fam is blasting. We’ve got everything from a brand spanking new Vølus track as well as a new joint from The Goners, and some Ulcerate, King Dude, Darkthrone, COC, and, of course, some Waylon for good measure – seriously, Saturday ain’t Saturday without Waylon. But, you know there’s more, so head directly below to get your jam on. Cheers.
Pretty sure by now everyone is aware of COC’s powerhouse drummer Reed Mullin’s passing. And if not, how about crawling out from under that rock of unknowing. Yep well, I’m a bit sour and out of sorts over this one so pardon me for being candid or loose lipped. See, COC has been a bedrock of my listening habits for many, many years and anytime I had a chance to see them they were like old friends and Reed was always the highlight. Always the brother from another mother. Always the pillar. Anyway, in reflection, I decided the best way to deal would be to put together a 9C ov recounting my favorite COC tracks with Reed on the kit or in the vocals so journey with me through a time capsule of my life and know that COC and of course Reed shared more life events with me over the years than most people have. Music is huge for me but COC is much bigger than just music, hell, they’re the soundtrack that has kept me going. Fly high Reed, love ya brother. Continue reading
Jesus what a week. I thought I might be done eulogizing after Neil Peart’s tragic passing, and then immediately following that post I found out Sean Reinert passed away. I’ve never made it a secret that Human is my favorite death album, and as much as I love everything Chuck does, it’s because that album has what is, in my opinion, his best backing band. The Reinert/Masvidal/DiGiorgio combination that lead to songs like “Together As One” and “Lack of Comprehension” was incomparably important to the world of heavy music, to say nothing of Reinert and Masvidal’s accomplishments in Cynic on top of that. Heavy music lost nothing short of an icon, one of the best drummers in the game and a tireless voice for acceptance and inclusion in the world of heavy metal. I’ll be feeling this loss for quite some time, but we can and will still celebrate the work Sean left us with. — (ed.) And, of course, Reed Mullin, RIP and fly on brother. Death needs to take a break.
Would YOU love a monsterman? That’s the real question.
- Some somber news to start off with. Corrosion of Conformity drummer Reed Mullin passed away at the age of 53. The cause of death has not been revealed, but you can read a statement from the band here.
- There are some more headlining dates for Napalm Death coming in the near future. Those are North American dates in April and May, and support will include WVRM, Tombs, Aborted, The Locust… etc.
- Neck of the Woods have signed on with Pelagic Records for the release of their latest full-length. The Annex Of Ire drops on March 20th. I generally pay close attention to releases under that label, and this will be no different.
- So this is some seriously awesome shit that I totally missed a couple days ago. This is a video for “Burning Sage”, the first single from Irist, whose debut album drops on March 27th via Nuclear Blast. It’ll be titled Order Of The Mind, and is a record you absolutely cannot miss.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Where the hell is my super amazing insane deluxe deluxe deluxe box edition of the new album from The Ocean? I’m getting impatient.
- A tour I’m not interested in greets us today! Sleep Signals, Atreyu, Memphis May Fire, and Ice Nine Kills. Great pile of NOPE in that one.
- And now for a tour I am interested in! Corrosion of Conformity, Crowbar, Weedeater, The Obsessed, and Mothership. Much better.
- It wasn’t that I missed this, it was that I didn’t care about Canto for the last few months. But now we have Canto again, which means we finally mention the new Slipknot song. I give you… “All Out Life”.
- The video of the day comes to us from Gozu. This one is for “They Probably Know Karate”. They’ll be on the Metal Alliance Tour, which should be fun for them.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”