Alrighty then…it’s spooky month, finally, and I’m happy about that. Time to stock up on all the horror you can feast on. That is unless, like me and co-conspirator Chris, you do that all year, in which case you already win and this will just give you an excuse to gorge. And, do remember all the nasty metal that goes so well with this season, soak it all up folks. Speaking of metal, it’s a new week which means we’ve got a fresh batch of new releases to kick the month off right. First up is an album we’ve all been waiting on for faaar toooo long from Kowloon Walled City (FINALLY!), next up is a stunning technical death entry from Atræ Bilis, then a quick chapter of brutish death metal from Creeping Death that you’ll hear more about later in the week, an epic dash of symphonic deathcore from The Breathing Process, and several more that follows in the list below. Dive headfirst into the coffin and find yourself something devilish to kick the month off with.Continue reading
Hello one and all and welcome back to another mixtape of “what we’ve been listening to around the water cooler.” It’s Saturday so it’s TIIIIMmmeee. Reading that is a lot flatter than how it sounds on primetime MMA but, just know that’s the vibe I’m going for. As always we’ve got a ton to dig into; Kowloon Walled City (FINALLY), a new one from Massacre, gory stuff from Heads For The Dead, a kick ass new track from Sarke, likewise from Atræ Bilis, and same from Hippotraktor and Blood Red Throne. And, of course, many more from all across the heavier spectrum. So, smash that play button below and be somebody.
Days off no longer exist. Apparently. Late-stage capitalism sure is fun.
- Anomalie, one my favorite black metal projects, has set November 5th as the release date for Tranceformation. Their fourth studio album will be out through AOP Records, and you can stream the first new track from that effort, “Trance II: Relics”, right here.
- Deathsomnia released You Will Never Find Peace last Friday through Isolation Records, and today they gave us a new video for “Void Oblivion”. That track features Gabriel Franco of Unto Others (formerly Idle Hands), which is an added bonus.
- And then we’ve got new material from Emma Ruth Rundle, another one of my personal favorites. Engine of Hell is also set for a November 5th release through Sargent House, and a clip for “Return” is available right here.
- Oh shit! I almost forgot about this from yesterday. Kowloon Walled City officially have a new album on the horizon. Piecework will be out on October 8th through Gilead Media and Neurot Recordings.
- Zombies are fun, so let’s close with the new clip from Ice Nine Kills for “Rainy Day”. That’s taken from their upcoming new album, The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood, which is out on October 15th through Fearless Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Good morning and welcome to another Saturday morning mixtape. We’re full to bursting with a bunch of new singles this week, including tracks from two new Gilead Media releases, Succumb, Every Time I Die, and…god this is hard to even type…an Archspire song I really, actually like. I know, it surprised me too. Check all that and more out below.
In terms of hours, I’ve already worked well over a full week. Who says 4 day/40 hour work weeks can’t be a thing?
- Let’s start with Mutoid Man, who have announced a new bassist, as well as a performance at Psycho Las Vegas. The power trio will be rounded out by Jeff Matz (High On Fire), which is awesome. That Psycho Las Vegas set, by the way, takes place this coming Friday on the main stage.
- I’m not sure if anyone has familiarized themselves with AEW’s Malakai Black, but you should. The artist formerly known as Aleister Black (with WWE) not only uses Amenra as his introductory song, but has now also teamed up with Carnifex for a merch collaboration. Check it out.
- This dropped yesterday, but I only got around to it today. So… deal with it. Kowloon Walled City released a new track, “Oxygen Tent”, and it’s predictably awesome. I really, really hope there is more new material on the horizon as well. We shall see.
- And we’re going to close with one of my personal favorites, Churchburn. Their new album, Genocidal Rite, drops on November 5th through Translation Loss Records, and today they released a new track and music video. Check out the clip for “Swallowed By Dust” below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”