Corey’s in Boston doing day job things, so you’ve got me today, kids. And guess what? It’s Quickies time. Let’s see what we missed in the metal world today:
- Blind Guardian announced that bassist Barend Courbois (Adrian Vandenburg, Zakk Wylde) has joined the band. Excited to hear what he sounds like once Beyond the Red Mirror drops next week, but in the meantime…am I the only one who thinks that photo makes him look like Yngwie?
- Also in bassists, it looks like Black Sabbath‘s Geezer Butler was arrested following a bar brawl in Death Valley National Park. Critically, there’s no information on whether Geezer actually won the fight. But he’s 65, so let’s face it…probably not.
- If you were hoping for a new Morbid Angel album any time soon, you’re out of luck; drummer Tim Yeung says they’re maybe going to start working on an album toward the end of the year. After Illud Divinum Insanus, I can’t see how this could possibly be disappointing news to anyone.
- Attila frontman Chris Fronzak has launched a new, “hate-free” photo-sharing app called Spur. Hopefully mobile entrepreneurship works out better for Chris than music has thus far.
- And finally, I hate every. single. goddamn. part of this:
Cheers to the guys at Metal Injection for bringing that to our attention. Although, if I’m being honest, I kinda wish they hadn’t done. Oh well. I’m off to play dodgeball. Catch y’all tomorrow.
Keep it heavy,