I’m going to start this post by talking about a Missouri sludge band called The Lion’s Daughter. Now, this may seem like an odd way to start a post that is, ostensibly, about California synthwave duo Dance with the Dead and their new album, Loved to Death, but bear with me here… Continue reading
Today’s edition of Quickies marks our 50th (!) entry on the Horns Up blog. Would have been fun to commemorate this occasion with a post outside a category that we give you every single day, but frankly, I’m still a bit amazed that we’ve kept this thing going as long as we have, so I won’t complain too much. Lots to cover in today’s Quickies, so let’s not waste any more time. Here’s what we missed today:
- Triptykon have pulled out of their scheduled appearance at this week’s Maryland DeathFest, allowing frontman Tom G. Fischer to remain in Switzerland to assist with funeral preparations for H.R. Giger. As close as the two had grown over the years, this comes as little surprise. Hang in there, Tom.
- Remember when Tim Lambesis tried to throw everyone in his life under the bus after receiving his six-year prison sentence? Well, his former As I Lay Dying bandmate Nick Hipa is having none of that, thank you very much.
- Could GWAR be soldiering on without legendary frontman Dave Brockie? The band announced today that they’ll be headlining their fifth annual GWAR-B-Q in August, though whether they’ll continue beyond that point–and if so, with whom–remains unknown.
- Stone Sour have officially parted ways with guitarist Jim Root. With Root and frontman Corey Taylor both still in Slipknot…yeah, no, that shouldn’t be awkward at all, right?
- And finally, Judas Priest released a new single from their upcoming album, Redeemer of Souls. This one’s called “March of the Damned.” Take a listen here:
A lot of people weren’t all that nuts over the title track, but this one’s gotten a better reception thus far. (I’d have to go with the reverse, personally.) Anyway, that’ll do it for this edition. Check back tomorrow for more from Horns Up!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.