Full transparency here; this is the week I’ve been waiting quite a while for and in extremely large part due to the top four on this here new release list. I’ve been saying we’ve had a plethora of great releases, but this week you can take that to the bank. Period. Let’s do it…Moon Tooth hit very high on my EOY list with Crux and I’m calling it now with Phototroph, they’ll do it again—the sheer energy, inventiveness, and enthusiasm for music this band has is unmatched, which leads perfectly into Alive from doomgaze-post-metallers Dead Register which is another band that truly loves what they do and it shows as this album is an absolute triumph, then we’ve got the heaviest doom band on the planet, Primitive Man, with Insurmountable and even in EP format they crush it, and speaking of crushing it, brutal death metal giants Mutilatred do just that on Determined To Rot (seriously), AND THEN there’s a very long list of other albums worthy of your time and bucks. So, get to it folks…tons to dig into here.Continue reading
pure noise records
CANTO: Deathwhite, Mantar, Terror, and More
Well, once again it was proven that The Ocean is greater than all things.
- Deathwhite has impressed lately, so let’s start there. Their third full-length, Grey Everlasting, is set for a June 10th release through Season of Mist. The first single, “Earthtomb”, is available for your streaming pleasure.
- New material should be emerging from Mantar in the near future. The extreme metal duo has signed on with Metal Blade and is currently wrapping up their fourth studio album. We should expect that sometime in the summer, which is awesome.
- Ok, digging back into yesterday news for the next couple of items. Placebo have announced their first North American tour in eight years. The dates cover September 4th through the 18th, before they head to Europe for a long stretch of shows to round out 2022.
- Hardcore legends Terror have announced a new album, slated for a May 6th release. Pain Into Power will be out through Pure Noise Records, and you can check out “Can’t Help But Hate” right now.
- The new Zeal & Ardor is incredible, so we’ll wrap up with the video for “Death to the Holy”. The third, self-titled, album is out now. Did I mention it’s incredible?
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
CANTO: Moon Tooth, Abbath, Incite, and More
I guess we’re on the every other day plan this week. Oh well.
- It does bring me some happiness to lead off with tour announcements, so we’ll do that today starting with Rivers of Nihil. They have May and June dates coming up with Fallujah, Alluvial, and Warforged. See all the dates and get your tickets here.
- It’s safe to assume every new Abbath track is going to make its way in here. So today we’re happy to present “Dread Reaver”, the title-track from the upcoming new album. As a reminder, that’s out on March 25th through Season of Mist.
- Incite are also releasing a new album on March 25th through Atomic Fire Records titled Wake Up Dead, and you can view the new video for “Deadbeat” right now.
- Switching gears a bit, Cremation Lily have announced details surrounding their debut through The Flenser. Dreams Drenched In Static is slated for an April 15th release and the first single, “Selfless”, can be heard here.
- Nine Circles favorite Moon Tooth have set May 13th as the release date for Phototroph, which will be out through Pure Noise Records. Check out the clip for “Carry Me Home” below. Also worth mentioning that they have some live dates in April and May, which you should all take advantage of.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
CANTO: Omnium Gatherum, Moon Tooth, Orange Goblin, and More
I can tell the seasons are changing because I haven’t been able to breathe in about a week.
- Omnium Gatherum have announced a 2022 North American tour with Allegaeon and Black Crown Initiate. They’ll be touring in support of Origin, which drops on November 5th through Century Media. Those dates are in February and March, and you can purchase your tickets here.
- California blackened death metal crew Civerous are releasing their debut full-length, Decrepit Flesh Relic, on November 19th through Transylvanian Recordings. As a sampling of what’s to come, check out “Herodacy” (and get your pre-order on), right here.
- Heavy metal legends Orange Goblin have signed on with Peaceville Records. Better still, they’re offering a Halloween Q&A session on Facebook, details of which you can get at their page.
- We’re closing today with Moon Tooth, because Moon Tooth happenings are always reasons to celebrate. Check out the video for “Nymphaeaceae” below, out through Pure Noise Records, a track that serves as an early preview of their follow up to 2019’s Crux.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
CANTO: Rippikoulu, Toxic Holocaust, The Amity Affliction, and More
I was warned to go home due to an oncoming snow squall. That has failed to occur to this point.
- Toxic Holocaust are playing a special show in Brooklyn this coming Friday with Sacrifice. Feel free to consider this a kick-off event for their full North American tour with Soulfly, which begins February 3rd.
- In today’s dose of metalcore (not really a thing), we bring you news from The Amity Affliction. Their next album is out on February 21st through Pure Noise Records. It will be called Everyone Loves You… Once You Leave Them and you can get a taste of the new material from the new track “Soak Me In Bleach” right now.
- One more tour that I’m excited about. Rippikoulu are gracing North America with their presence this coming April. Only a brief run of dates, but the tour includes Chthe’ilist and Nucleus… so that’s a no-brainer.
- We’re gonna wrap things up with some Finnish death metal tonight. This is a brutal video from Blåådpalt for the track “God of Razorblade”. Their upcoming album, Sliced To Perfection, is out February 28th via Inverse Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”