Four albums in with From the Fathomless Deep and Behold! The Monolith are heavier than ever. Call it sludge with black metal and progressive tendencies, call it metal with a nasty attitude, or call it whatever you want; these guys hit and hit hard. There’s no denying that fact. Buke sat down with guitarist Matt Price for a wide ranging discussion surrounding their new album, some band history, and so much more. We now bring you this conversation in its entirety so grab your beverage of choice, a seat, and enjoy.Continue reading
Let’s get the long and short of this review out of the way right off the bat: if you’re a fan of stoner heavyweights Wo Fat, you’ll likely be well aware of — and hyped as fuck for — The Singularity, the band’s first full-length in nearly six years. After all, the Texas trio possesses an immense scope and abundance of god-tier stoner riffs, which combine to make each new release feel like a proper event. When you hear rumblings from the House of Wo Fat, you get pumped — it’s that simple. And guess what? On The Singularity, the band continues to make damn good on all that hype.
Those looking for a bit more than the TL;DR version? Read on…Continue reading
I know, I know. I’m late for these more often than not. Deal with it.
- Dawn of Ouroboros have signed on with Prosthetic Records, and have promptly unveiled a new music video for “Sorrow’s Eclipse”. That track is taken from their debut album, The Art of Morphology, which dropped back in 2020.
- Mörk Gryning, the Swedish black metal project that dates back to 1993, are about to embark on their first U.S. tour. The dates run from April 28th through May 9th, and they’ll be joined by Arsantiqva, The Noctambulant, and Promethean Horde on select dates.
- A new project formed from the minds of Perturbator and Cult of Luna‘s Johannes Persson, titled Final Light. The one-time project are releasing their self-titled album on June 24th through Red Creek. Listen to “In The Void” right now.
- Blackened doom trio Behold! The Monolith are releasing a new album, From The Fathomless Deep, on July 15th through Ripple Music. Check out a new single, “Crown/The Immeasurable Void” right now.
- Closing out our Wednesday, we have new material from Fallujah, which is something I haven’t been able to say in awhile. The video for “Radiant Ascension” is below, a track taken from Empyrean, their new album set for a September 9th release through Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Coming at you really late tonight because there was just that much going on today.
- There were a lot of tour announcements today, so we’ll share a few at random. Up first, we have Crown The Empire, who have announced the 10th anniversary tour for The Fallout. Those U.S. dates cover May 30th through July 3rd, and support is in the form of D.R.U.G.S., The Word Alive, and Before I Wake.
- From there, we have a fairly massive tour featuring Anthrax, Black Label Society, and Hatebreed. Those are July and August dates, and tickets go on sale this coming Friday. They can be picked up here, or here.
- And the third of three new tours we’ll drop in here features The Acacia Strain, with Malevolence, I AM, and 156/Silence. Those are June and July dates, and tickets will be available here.
- Rounding out with a couple non-concert things, we also have a new single from Luminous Vault, titled “Ancient North”. Animate The Emptiness is out next month through Profound Lore.
- And finally, a new video from Valley of the Sun, for “Devil I’ve Become”. The Chariot is set for a June 17th release through Ripple Music and Fuzzorama Records, and can be purchased here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Not a happy day watching the Champions League for this guy!
- I’ve really enjoyed the new Wo Fat, so I’m going to share every new thing that emerges from it. Check out “The Snows of Banquo IV” over at Invisible Oranges. As a reminder, The Singularity is out on May 6th through Ripple Music.
- Jungle Rot is another one we’re highly anticipating, so be sure to check out “A Call to Arms” whenever you have a couple minutes. That’s the title-track from their new record, which drops on May 13th through Unique Leader.
- Moonshade, the melodic extreme metal crew out of Porto, released a new single from their upcoming sophomore album. Check out “Epitaph” here, as we await more details around their next effort.
- Symphonic metallars Visions of Atlantis unveiled their second single, “Melancholy Angel”, which you can check out here. Pirates, as a reminder, is set for a May 13th release through Napalm Records.
- The new track and video from Machine Head is pretty damn awesome, so that’s how we’ll close out the day. Check out the clip for “CHØKE ØN THE ASHES ØF YØUR HATE” below. ØF KINGDØM AND CRØWN drops on August 26th through Nuclear Blast and Imperium Recordings.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”