Sacrifice is more than just a follow up EP to The Inferno Doll‘s 2015 full length Dollmination it also continues the story of the main character being possessed by an alter ego with no vision of which one is the enemy. This time out, the character is awakened and summoned by a High Priestess who controls the element of fire and offers a second chance. For this story to play out, the music must match not only the occult at work here but the battle at hand. And it does, in spades. This is dark, gothic metal at its theatrical and evil best. The slow burn enchantment of the title track crashing head first into the gnashing teeth of Land of the Lords shows just how talented vocalist and songwriter Laura Vargas is at bringing this all to successful, albeit dark, fruition. Sacrifice saw digital release back in October and as of this month has seen a physical release. Just behind this particular release we had the chance to pose our Profile questions to Laura in hopes of finding out more about the project and the artist. She opens up with a ton of info so head below to see how it went down.Continue reading
I was warned to go home due to an oncoming snow squall. That has failed to occur to this point.
- Toxic Holocaust are playing a special show in Brooklyn this coming Friday with Sacrifice. Feel free to consider this a kick-off event for their full North American tour with Soulfly, which begins February 3rd.
- In today’s dose of metalcore (not really a thing), we bring you news from The Amity Affliction. Their next album is out on February 21st through Pure Noise Records. It will be called Everyone Loves You… Once You Leave Them and you can get a taste of the new material from the new track “Soak Me In Bleach” right now.
- One more tour that I’m excited about. Rippikoulu are gracing North America with their presence this coming April. Only a brief run of dates, but the tour includes Chthe’ilist and Nucleus… so that’s a no-brainer.
- We’re gonna wrap things up with some Finnish death metal tonight. This is a brutal video from Blåådpalt for the track “God of Razorblade”. Their upcoming album, Sliced To Perfection, is out February 28th via Inverse Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
“I stare at the stricken, the follies of man, and the horror that lives in your eyes. And once we’re forgiven, the mind explodes in waves of terror. Burn my eyes, tear at the skin. The crawling beneath will begin. Side by side, pounding the heretic drums as we rise or we fall.”
- Let’s kick things off with a festival update. Calgary Metalfest has announced it’s full lineup, which includes headliners Annihilator, Exciter, Razor, and Sacrifice. I’ve seen those bands before. They kick ass. Be there.
- Great news from Tony Iommi! He has revealed that his cancer is in remission. Glad to hear things are on the right track and hope his health continues to improve going forward.
- Pallbearer is streaming their surprise EP, Fear and Fury, over at Bandcamp. It’s three tracks. One is a cover of Black Sabbath’s “Over and Over”, another is a cover of Type O Negative’s “Love You To Death”. Ambitious.
- Metallica will be live streaming their Minneapolis show Saturday August 20th. I will not be dabbling, but that sure doesn’t mean you can’t! Negatives everywhere.
- Destruction has a new lyric video for “Generation Nevermore.” Give it a look and listen. If you so choose.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”