Weather has turned a bit cool…and I don’t like it. Yea, yea, I know; that’s what fall and winter brings but I’m #teamold and hate cold weather so there’s that. If any of you do seasonal music listening at all, our lead off album for this week’s new releases is from Sarke and sits perfectly balanced between bitter black metal and melodically dark rock, and as expected, it’s really good…and cold…and grim. Following that is a devastating gut punch from Churchburn, a down and dirty old school death return from Outre-Tombe, a quick but raucously fun death romp from Heads For The Dead, and a seriously looooong list that follows. Seems tons of bands were trying to get that Halloween release in or at least close to Halloween. Anyway, tons to dig into here so jump in, enjoy, and we’ll see you around these parts through the week.Continue reading
I was going to skip this today, but then I saw a lot of stuff happening, so I guess I’m not skipping it now.
- We can start with Hypocrisy, who released another new track from Worship. Check out the clip for “Dead World” right here. That album drops on November 26th through Nuclear Blast and I am really fucking excited about it.
- I think these are all going to be new singles and/or videos, and you’re going to need to deal with that. Next up is Massacre, who unveiled this gnarly clip for “The Whisperer In Darkness”. Resurgence is out on October 22nd, also through Nuclear Blast.
- So if Matt Heafy calling out MGK was for any kind of publicity, it worked. (Side note: I don’t actually think it was.) Here’s the new music video from Trivium for “The Phalanx”. The Court of the Dragon is somehow out next Friday already, through Roadrunner. That’s cool.
- If you live out in California, you’ll get a chance to see the Harm’s Way running man in person in November. They’re joining Stick To Your Guns for a trio of shows from the 18th to the 20th. Those tickets went on sale today, casual FYI.
- Let’s toss in a new video from Sarke, for “Beheading of the Circus Director”. That’s the second single from Allsighr, which is out on November 5th through Soulseller Records. That album is really, really enjoyable, by the way.
- And it’s only right that we close with the new video from Mastodon for “Teardrinker”. Hushed & Grim drops on October 29th… another one that I’m really fucking excited about.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I must say, I am digging the snow on the ground again. Pun intended?
- Enslaved have announced another streaming event, in celebration of Winter Solstice. It’ll be hosted over on the Revolver Magazine Facebook page, and will include a live Q&A.
- Russian sludge crew Montezuma’s Revenge are back with a new single, “Comfort of the Sick”. That’s the first track taken from their upcoming new album, which is currently unnamed, scheduled for a February 19th release.
- Serpents Oath have shared a new single from their upcoming new album, as well. Check out the video for “Malediction” here. Nihil is out on December 4th through Soulseller Records.
- Azarath have released their first ever music video, a clip for “Beyond the Gates of Burning Ghats”. That one is taken from Saint Desecration, which drops Friday through Agonia Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It sure doesn’t feel like the holiday season. Except for the stress… that feels familiar.
- Dread Sovereign are dropping a new album, titled Alchemical Warfare, on January 15th through Metal Blade Records. Check out that new video for “Nature Is The Devil’s Church” while you’re at it.
- Nightfall has shared a performance video for “As Your God is Failing Once Again”, which comes with the announcement of some reissues. Their back catalog will be released on vinyl and CD through Season of Mist in the first two months of 2021.
- The Deviant released a new single from their upcoming new album. This one is called “Son of Dawn”, and it’s taken from Rotting Dreams of Carrion, which is out on December 4th through Soulseller Records.
- Sick Of It All has released the sixth, and final, video from their Quarantine Sessions series. This one is for “Deep State”, and you can check it out immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Huxley once said “Maybe this world is another planet’s hell.” Think about that for a second, the current perspective is surreal. Anyway, another load of new metal this week and a load of it presented below is, yet again, outstanding. Speaking of outstanding, the death metal dream duo of Johansson & Speckmann deliver their fifth full length, Tennessee’s tech-death titans Inferi roll out an EP, Venom Prison offer up a collection of re-recorded EP’s and two new tracks, and an anthemic yet melodic post-punk return from Bootblacks. Read through the list, pick out several that strike a chord, then go give them your support. They’ll appreciate it and you’ll have some shiny new tunes to enjoy, SCORE.Continue reading