Stateside we’ll be celebrating Thanksgiving this week which means…we eat. A lot. And watch football. Then nap on the couch. Some will then commence the absurdity that is Black Friday where normal folks turn into animals and nearly kill each other to save a buck or be first to that precious PS5 while trampling bodies underfoot. Ahhh, good times. For the rest of you, it’ll be Thursday and Friday, yay for you. Anyway, new metal is here for your perusal and kicking things off we’ve got a long awaited return from Hypocrisy, a live album from The Ocean who are unmistakably one of the heaviest hitters in the post-metal scene, a death metal kidney punch from Teeth, speedy blackened death metal from Concrete Winds, and a whole host more that follows. There’s even a couple of Christmas albums down below just in case you haven’t already had enough of that. Whatever you’ll be celebrating or doing this week, there’s plenty here to soundtrack it so get after it.Continue reading
The Playlist is BACK baby. Figured I’d take this one since it was my fault we missed the last couple. Hey man, gotta have a day in the sun and sand at least once a year right? Right. Alright then, you know how this works; we pull together a mixtape of jams we’ve been into this week, put it in a playlist, and paste it here for you to enjoy. This week we’ve got new Archspire, Spirit Adrift, Teeth, Eyes of Perdition, Deafheaven, Full of Hell, and Wolves In the Throne Room along with some choice cuts from Fluids, King Woman, Hail Spirit Noir, and True Widow. And that’s just naming a few as there’s several more in this mixtape that is fit for whatever you have going on this Saturday. So, hit the play button below and get your groove on. Or whatever else you want to get on. Your choice. Cheers.
Dang, whole lotta stuff to go through in the inbox this evening. Weird.
- We’ll lead off with a tour (maybe two), because monitoring those will be interesting for the next several months I think. Lorna Shore have a number of U.S. dates lined up in September and October, with support from Enterprise Earth, Sentinels and Crown Magnitar. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Los Angeles extreme metal crew Teeth unveiled a nasty new single today. “Dreamless Hieroglyphs” is streaming over at Invisible Oranges, a track taken from Finite. That new album is set for a November 26th release through Translation Loss Records, in case you needed a reminder.
- For the thrash fans out there, you might be intrigued to know that Hexen is reissuing their 2008 debut, State of Insurgency. The first vinyl and cassette runs (CDs will be available as well) of that album will be available on September 17th through M-Theory Audio.
- Progressive stoner rock band Ealdor Bealu have signed on with Metal Assault Records, and are planning a new album release in early 2022. Better yet, they’ve also announced a new run of shows, scheduled from September 30th through October 9th. All on that other coast, unfortunately for me.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of Rammstein lately (see also: always), so here’s a cover of “Sonne” as presented by Black Satellite. Check it out below. Seriously though… I’m curious what people think of it.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s been raining the last couple of days, and I definitely don’t hate it.
- Shadows Fall have announced their return to the stage. On December 18th they’ll be taking the Palladium stage in Worcester, MA with the likes of Unearth, Darkest Hour, Within The Ruins, Sworn Enemy, and Carnivora. A trailer for the event can be seen here, and tickets go on sale later this week. Those can be found at this location.
- Los Angeles extreme metal collective Teeth have announced a new full-length effort. Finite is set for a November 26th release through Translation Loss Records, and pre-order/pre-save options are available here. Better yet, a new track titled “Concubine” is available for your streaming pleasure right now.
- Unreqvited have unveiled the second single from Beautiful Ghosts. This one is titled “Funeral Pyre”, and is available here. A quick reminder that Beautiful Ghosts drops on August 13th through Prophecy Productions, and you can pick that up right here.
- And we’ll close with some progressive death metal out of Brazil. This is the new music video from Abstracted for “Wither To Dust”. That one is taken from their debut full-length, Atma Conflux, which drops sometime later this year through M-Theory Audio. More details coming soon.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Receiving the Evcharist is our weekly feature where we pair choice albums with our favorite libations. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Teeth’s The Curse of Entropy and The Kraken Rum. Continue reading