It is Saturday, my friends. Get yourself a cup of your morning beverage of choice and get ready for another of our weekly mixtapes. This week we’ve got a Battle of the Batushkas, a Not Metal band that I think is heavier than a good chunk of metal bands, and a brand new jam from the Florida sons in Torche. Look upon our works, ye mighty, and despair.
I almost spelled that as “Catno”. Wouldn’t that have been fun.
- Killswitch Engage and Clutch have announced a co-headlining tour this summer. The dates are in July and August throughout North America, and there a lot of outdoor venues in there. Pretty, pretty, pretty cool.
- Torche has announced their next album, Admission, will be out on July 12th via Relapse Records. As an introduction to their new material, you can listen to a track called “Slide” right now. Upcoming tour dates as well.
- We’re only a few weeks away from the new Enthroned album, titled Cold Black Suns, which drops on June 7th. “Vapula Omega”, the third and final track we’ll be able to preview, is now available for streaming. So get in here and listen to it.
- Hey. Check out this new video from Drowse for “Bipolar 1”. I really like it. Light Mirror will also be out on June 7th.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
#1 New Darkthrone.
#2-9 see #1.
I kid (kind of). There’s a ton of stuff to look forward to this year, just as there is every year. But rather than do the usual “Most Anticipated Albums” post I thought for this edition of Nine Circles ov… I’d run down the list of everything I’m looking forward to regarding metal in the Year of Our Dark Metal Overlords 2019. Some might be albums, some might be experiences or just things I’d like to see happen.
But yeah…really I just want new Darkthrone. Let’s jump in. Continue reading
Happy Tuesday, Metal Internet World. Yes, I realize this most recent edition of The Nine Circles Playlist is coming at you a day late and a dollar short, but there’s a very good reason for that. Well, actually, I guess not really. I was camping all weekend and Sunday night found me preparing for a 19 mile day of hiking and climbing in the White Mountains. So yeah, this fell down the pecking order. Regardless! We have 17 delicious tracks from all over the map for you to enjoy on this fine morning. If you want to check out our old playlists, I encourage you jump on our YouTube channel here. Otherwise, do that thing where you press play after the jump. Continue reading
“Grandma, welcome home. You have been gone for far too long. Is this a dream, are you really back? Let me help you out of the chair. Grandma, let me touch you, let me feel.”
- The future of Slayer could be in question. Kerry King admitted that he wasn’t sure what Tom Araya’s future plans are. No Tom could (and probably should) spell the end of Slayer. They’re already pushing it as is.
- Red Fang just released, like, a lot of info. Most importantly, a tour this fall with Torche and Whores. Their next album, Only Ghosts, will be out October 14th.
- Ozzy’s life story continues to be a dramatic one. The legend himself opened about not the one affair, but many. And now he’s getting involved in some therapy to try and remedy that… situation.
- And now for some really good news. Winterfylleth, who brought one of my favorite albums two years ago, have announced that their fifth studio album, titled The Dark Hereafter, will be out soon. Details… still to come. At least we have artwork.
- Finally, here’s an In Flames clip from their upcoming live album. It’s for “Everything’s Gone”, just in case you were struggling to figure that out on your own.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”