Albums written in 2020 continue to flow in and each one packs complex emotions, powerful songwriting, and a lot of care when it comes to development and production. This is especially true for international metal band Arch Enemy and their latest release Deceivers. The band faced many challenges in recording this album with members being spread out between two continents, but they persevered and the result is epic. This release has everything fans love about Arch Enemy including cinematic orchestral passages, dynamic vocals, and crushing riffs but with even more developed techniques and musical mastery. Deceivers is an album that only Arch Enemy could have created and it may be their best yet.Continue reading
Donuts & CANTO: Entombed, Arch Enemy, Gojira and more!
May 23, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, the battle for the rights to Entombed‘s band name appears to have been decided in favor of the non-“A.D.” contingent of the band — a.k.a. everyone other than possible-Tolkien-dwarf L-G Petrov. Hopefully that’ll be the end of this almost-as-stupid-as-the-two-Queensrÿches saga.
CANTO: New Katatonia video, updates from Demon Hunter, Alissa White-Gluz, and more
“Would you leave it all behind? Oh god it haunts my mind. Fated to journey blind.”
- More throwback type stuff. Anybody ever care about Demon Hunter? Well if you did, you would also be excited to know that it appears a new album is planned for 2017.
- I didn’t know much about Alissa White-Gluz before she joined Arch Enemy, but she’s definitely been in the spectrum since then. It was announced today that her solo project was recently signed on with Napalm Records. Let’s see what happens!
- The first of a couple new videos I stumbled upon today. Here you can find Red Fang‘s new video for “Shadows”. These guys always entertain.
- Cradle of Filth‘s Dani Filth will be taking to the big screen! Or… to some kind of screen! He will starring in a horror film called “Baphomet”, which seems quite appropriate.
- Katatonia doing things is one of my favorite things to report. Fresh off their incredible new album, The Fall Of Hearts, they debuted a new video for “Shifts” today. Check it out.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
CANTO: Immortal updates/drama, Scar Symmetry tour, and more
“Where has he gone? What have you done? A voice commands from high above this earth. From the soil his blood cries out to me. Murder, liar, vengeance, deceit.”
- Now here’s a band most of us probably have forgotten about: Scar Symmetry! They have announced an upcoming North America tour with Arsis, who kicks ass. Dates and cities still coming.
- And an update from Abbath-less Immortal, who have apparently finished recording their latest album. But of course they had to slot in an accusation that Abbath stole their work for his self-titled album. The drama continues.
- We all miss Dio. For those interested, you will be able to purchase “A Decade of Dio: 1983 – 1993” boxed set later this summer. The specific release date is July 22nd.
- Alissa White-Gluz has been busy… acting! The Arch Enermy singer will be playing the role of a female serial killer in American Murder Song. Which is a show or webseries or something I take it.
- Dark Funeral video for “Unchain My Soul” because why not.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Quickies: News from At The Gates, The Misfits, Ice T (Weird, right?), and More
A new week and some new… news. I guess. I’m trying really hard to stay focused on this blog and not let the World Cup occupy all of my time on the internet. It isn’t going well. But Germany won… so now I’m willing to provide your Quickies.
- For those excited about At The Gates’ At War With Reality, here are some drum tracks. Minimal… but still At The Gates.
- Remember those charges against those guys from King 810? Remember that time we didn’t know who they were? We still don’t. But those charges were dropped.
- In another episode of ‘Sucks to be Russia’, All of Marilyn Manson’s shows were canceled. I’m not what you would call a Manson fan, but this country seems to lose out on a lot of tours. It’s their own fault this time.
- Ice T’s son is being charged with involuntary manslaughter. This tells me two things. One, Ice T is old. Two, the new Body Count album is ironic.
- For those that actually give a shit about the Misfits… those lawsuits seem to be escalating. I’m not one of those people that give a shit about the Misfits.
- Christina Scabbia is among my favorite humans (right up there with Masha Scream and Alissa White-Gluz), so I’ll conclude things with this thing that she helped do:
Ignore the Rob Zombie part. And the Metallica connection. Then, maybe, you’re good. Anyway, I’m gonna resume celebrating this Germany win.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.