Sweden’s extreme metallers Zornheym released their debut full length, Where Hatred Dwells and Darkness Reigns, back in September on Non Serviam Records. Epic and grandiose are just a couple of words that describe the nine tracks found on this symphonic metal album, it’s heavy and extreme in precisely the right places but the atmosphere is the real star here and the super crisp production helps drive the point home. Zorn (lead guitarist) sent us his picks from 2017, head inside to see what he chose. Continue reading
10/17/2017. These are going to be pretty sporadic basically forever.
- Cannibal Corpse have premiered the title track of their upcoming album, Red Before Black, over at MetalSucks. Check it out.
- Silver Snakes will be releasing a covers EP called Scathe this coming Friday (October 20th). I saw these guys recently. They were fun. Ideally, this will also be fun.
- Want another ridiculous way to get into the Halloween spirit? Check out Demon Tones. Or don’t. I really don’t care.
- Arch Enemy, kings of releasing an excessive number of music videos, have just released a new one for “The Race”.
Their most recent album, Will To Power, is out now. Go get it if you want.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
May 23, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, the battle for the rights to Entombed‘s band name appears to have been decided in favor of the non-“A.D.” contingent of the band — a.k.a. everyone other than possible-Tolkien-dwarf L-G Petrov. Hopefully that’ll be the end of this almost-as-stupid-as-the-two-Queensrÿches saga.
“Would you leave it all behind? Oh god it haunts my mind. Fated to journey blind.”
- More throwback type stuff. Anybody ever care about Demon Hunter? Well if you did, you would also be excited to know that it appears a new album is planned for 2017.
- I didn’t know much about Alissa White-Gluz before she joined Arch Enemy, but she’s definitely been in the spectrum since then. It was announced today that her solo project was recently signed on with Napalm Records. Let’s see what happens!
- The first of a couple new videos I stumbled upon today. Here you can find Red Fang‘s new video for “Shadows”. These guys always entertain.
- Cradle of Filth‘s Dani Filth will be taking to the big screen! Or… to some kind of screen! He will starring in a horror film called “Baphomet”, which seems quite appropriate.
- Katatonia doing things is one of my favorite things to report. Fresh off their incredible new album, The Fall Of Hearts, they debuted a new video for “Shifts” today. Check it out.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
“Where has he gone? What have you done? A voice commands from high above this earth. From the soil his blood cries out to me. Murder, liar, vengeance, deceit.”
- Now here’s a band most of us probably have forgotten about: Scar Symmetry! They have announced an upcoming North America tour with Arsis, who kicks ass. Dates and cities still coming.
- And an update from Abbath-less Immortal, who have apparently finished recording their latest album. But of course they had to slot in an accusation that Abbath stole their work for his self-titled album. The drama continues.
- We all miss Dio. For those interested, you will be able to purchase “A Decade of Dio: 1983 – 1993” boxed set later this summer. The specific release date is July 22nd.
- Alissa White-Gluz has been busy… acting! The Arch Enermy singer will be playing the role of a female serial killer in American Murder Song. Which is a show or webseries or something I take it.
- Dark Funeral video for “Unchain My Soul” because why not.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”