Ok folks, last full week of spooky season so get your scare on…stat. Or, you could go watch this gory bit from Archspire and consider yourself covered. Speaking of… this week’s new metal release list kicks off with bonkers tech death from, you guessed it, Archspire and it does indeed slap, and slay, in equal parts. We’ve got another tech death slab in the form of jazz hands from First Fragment, deep and fuzzy doom from Monolord who stay as consistently good as ever, a new slab of mastometal from Mastodon, and many, many more in the list that follows. Yep, another great week for new releases and yet another long list to keep you busy. Don’t forget to gorge on horror and scary stuff while you’re shovelin’ cash at all these artists, think of it as a treat or treat scenario where it’s a treat for you and a treat for them. Enjoy.Continue reading
Good morning and welcome to another Nine Circles mixtape. This time around, we’ve got an excellent new collaboration between Converge and Chelsea Wolfe, Der Weg Einer Freiheit in 360 degrees, Capra live from Knotfest, and a killer audio/visual experience from Archspire. All that and more down below.
After skipping yesterday, I’ll do my best to catch up today. No I won’t.
- I should at least include the new Baroness tour announcement, which will be a by-request tour throughout the United States. You can vote for your 10 favorite songs (out of a list of 80) with the purchase of a ticket. They go on sale Friday at this location. Well, not that exact location, but you know what I mean.
- Immortal Bird has a brief run of shows coming up with Witching in parts of the right coast in late November and early December. If you happen to be in one of the five cities they hit on they trip, you need to make this happen.
- Mortiferum has a new album dropping on November 5th through Profound Lore, titled Preserved In Torment, and today they unveiled a new track from that record. Give “Exhumed From Mortal Spheres” a listen.
- And then we’ll wrap up the day (and maybe week) with a couple new videos. First we have Archspire, who shared a new video for “Drone Corpse Aviator”. That, of course, is taken from Bleed the Future, which is out on October 29th through Season of Mist.
- We’ll close with Lantlos. The clip below is for “LOWBREATHHIFEELLOWLIFEHIHOPES”, which I definitely just copied and pasted. It’s from the limited edition of Wildhund, which is available through Prophecy Productions.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Well, that certainly was a week. However, three days to recover ain’t a bad gig so there’s that. Brother Vince might be mad at me for hijacking this week’s mixtape but, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to congratulate Demiser on signing with Blacklight Media / Metal Blade Records! Freakin’ stoked for them and can’t wait to see what the future holds. And for the mixtape, of course we’ve got the brand new joint from Demiser (obviously) but also new stuff from Archspire, Der Weg Einer Freiheit, Shy, Low, as well as Vitriol, Osi and the Jupiter, and many more so smash that play button below….
Apparently this has turned into an every other day kind of post? Oh well. Sometimes life (still) be like that.
- The only reason I’m not closing with this is because it was a yesterday post. But Der Weg einer Freiheit released a new single, “Morgen”, along with new album details. You can pre-order Noktvrn here, which will be out through Season of Mist. I already did exactly that. Duh.
- Hey look, another new track from a German black metal band that I absolutely adore. Waldgeflüster are releasing Dahoam on September 24th through AOP Records, and today they unveiled an epic new track titled “Am Tatzlwurm”, which features JJ from Harakiri for the Sky. It’s incredible.
- Archspire unveiled the title track from their new album, Bleed The Future, and everything they do is a party so let’s toss that in as well. That album is out on October 29th through Season of Mist.
- Animals As Leaders have released their first new material in, what, five years? Damn. Check out the brand new track and video, “Monomyth”, right here. They’ve also signed a new deal with Sumerian Records so… new album soon please?
- And we’ll close with the new video from Shy, Low, the instrumental rock collective out of Richmond. Check out “The Beacon” below, and keep an eye out for Snake Behind the Sun, which will be out on October 8th through Pelagic Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”