Metal Blade Records has been a household name for metal, and heavier music in general, lovers for longer than some of you have been alive. Founder, owner, and CEO Brian Slagel had a vision back in 1982 with the first of the Metal Massacre compilation series, to highlight, then, unknown heavy artists. This led to the beginnings of Metal Blade Records and a long standing relationship with fans all across the globe. This week marks the XV edition of the Metal Massacre series as the label nears 40 years in existence, and remains a dominant force in metal and beyond. Head inside for an in depth discussion via The Nine Circles Audio Thing.Continue reading
Episode 77 of The Nine Circles Audio Thing covers the debut full length from Louisiana’s Capra, In Transmission. Buke again captains the episode with a light cast of the usual suspects in tow as they discuss, and break down this album, band, and its dual label release.Continue reading
I took a day off from work today, and still barely found time to get this done. Life is hard.
- Cryptosis have announced a free Bionic Swarm release show tomorrow, April 24th. That starts at 2:45 PM EST, and you can join the event here. That album dropped back on March 26th, and if you haven’t checked it out yet, be sure to scoop it up ASAP.
- Oh shit, another stream event. Two of them actually! Voivod have announced streaming shows on May 30th and June 27th, the second and third installment of the “Hypercube Sessions”. You can purchase tickets for each event individually, or as a bundle.
- Swedish prog-rock collective TheNightTimeProject have released a new standalone track, “Merkurius”. That’s available on all digital platforms, but Dronicon Films directed a video for it, so that’s obviously what we’re going to share here.
- In case you missed the premiere during Roadburn Redux, you can take a peak at a live performance from Obsidian Kingdom for “Womb of Wire” here. That footage is taken from last December’s AMFest.
- Capra released a new video today for “Medusa”, and that sounds like the right thing to wrap up the week with. In Transmission is officially out today through Blacklight Media/Metal Blade, so be sure to pick it up here.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
No bitchin’ this week. I could, don’t get me wrong. Rather, I’ll just keep it all in my head and see visions equal to that Cannibal Corpse album that came out last week. As the kids say, what a banger. Moving on, new week and new metal so let’s do it…Capra explodes with some vicious hardcore and punk infused metal this side of, well, a very long time and the fact that this is a debut? Snap! A name I was excited to see that I haven’t in a long stretch is Bongzilla who returns with an album I’m stok(n)ed on and you should be too, Akiavel are back with a blistering sophomore death metal effort, and Altarage keep the violence going with their brand of blackened death metal that keeps the needle pegged to extreme. Alrighty then, these top four are worth your time, but there’s a lot more to follow that bears the same worth. Do it.Continue reading
Capra has caught lightning in a bottle on their upcoming full length debut In Transmission. It’s equal parts metal, punk, and hardcore but the sum is way more than its parts. Blistering riffs, crushing blasts, and obliterating vocals are just some of what the band has to offer across these eleven tracks. It’s hostile yet authentic, aggressive and angry yet carries so much depth and feeling and overall is a near perfect debut that fans all over the metal spectrum will unite around. Head below to get the details of a recent chat between Buke and vocalist Crow Lotus.