A couple long days in the books. A couple long days until mountains.
- Yo, check out this lineup for UK Tech-Fest. The Ocean, Black Crown Initiate, Fit For An Autopsy… There is zero chance of me making this festival (July 2nd – 6th), but if I could I absolutely would.
- Hatebreed have announced a headlining 2020 tour here in the U.S. The dates are in May and support is in the form of After The Burial, Havok, and Creeping Death. Tickets can be found here this Friday.
- One more tour for today. Whitechapel have announced the Burn To Emerge U.S. tour this coming May and June. Support on that one will be from As I Lay Dying and Shadow Of Intent. I will 100% NOT be attending this one.
- Green Carnation have revealed new album details. It’s been 14 years since the last album, but May 8th will bring us Leaves of Yesteryear through Season of Mist. You can check out the title-track right now.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Slow day today, let’s see what I can dig up.
- Of course we’re going to start with a DragonForce tour! The recently announced headlining dates in the U.S. will include support from Unleash The Archers and Visions Of Atlantis. Actually, I think this is old news, but I just saw it in my inbox today. Oh well!
- Creeping Death have some dates coming up that I should remind you of. They’re joining The Acacia Strain on select dates in February, March, and April. Before that, however, they have a week of headlining dates kicking off tomorrow with Sanguisugabogg. Finally, they’ll be performing at Oblivion Access in early June down in Austin, TX. That’s pretty dope, not gonna lie.
- I really like Tombs so I’m going to drop in this new track that was shared over at Revolver today. It’s called “The Dark Rift”. The Monarchy of Shadows EP drops on February 28th via Season of Mist.
- Finally, we will close with a new video from We Came As Romans for “From The First Note”. It’s one of the first two tracks released since the passing of singer Kyle Pavone back in August 2018. Give it a watch below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Wretched Illusions, the debut full-length from Dallas, TX’s death metal powerhouse Creeping Death landed on September 27th via Entertainment One and it’s a screeching old school groove death fest, with more riffs than a Catskill comic and an authenticity that’s second to none. The 9C crew has been keeping this on repeat since it dropped in the old inbox, and we couldn’t wait to get the chance to hit the band up for some more info. Continue reading
Welcome one, welcome all to another Saturday morning, and another edition of our weekly mixtape, made just for you. This week we’ve got new jams from Caïna (YES), Alcest (FUCK YES), Josh brings a slew of good death metal to the table, and I finally listened to The Cowboy Album ™ and found it…pretty good honestly. Get your weekend started at the play button below.
Death metal has seen a banner year. And, it’s seen a year that clearly divided the genre into swampy caveman ooze and extreme for the sake of extreme. Basically, whatever is your preference is out there and your favorite album awaits. This is the year for death metal fans and that’s the bottom line. Yes, I do realize we’re closing in on EOY season but for us, all that fun is held until, you know, the end of the year so why not broach some of the good shit now? Rhetorical, of course. As a reminder, last time we did this was for black metal and it was a silver platter of offerings so be sure to revisit that. Moving on, we do have rules for this piece. I hate rules. But, the only one for this Nine Circles ov… is that anything covered here can only be albums we haven’t covered in long form which leaves out Vitriol, Fluids, Tomb Mold, and several other holy-hell-top-notch albums. Be that as it may, there’s tons here to dig into from 2019 so get your shovel and dig until you hit the coffins.