I most certainly do not need to go into detail about all the chaos and confusion that has existed in the world over the past three years. 2022 has been especially filled with new challenges and uncertainties, to the point where now I just throw my hands in the air and laugh as it all keeps piling up. Chaos. And confusion. But those that know me, know that I have few specific pursuits each day that help me keep at least some order in all of this. One of those, of course, is this blog. And a second one is running. Which is what brings us here today.Continue reading
Monday tends to be a slow one. Let’s see if that remains a trend.
- Black metal entity Bizarrekult revealed a new single titled “Kongen”, taken from their upcoming new album, Den Tapte Krigen. That one will be out through Season of Mist sometime next year. Additionally, they’ll be supporting Der Weg einer Freiheit on a brief European tour this month.
- Pivoting to a little hardcore, Fucked Up released a video for “Oberon”, the title track from their new EP. That one drops on October 7th through Tankcrimes, if you weren’t previously aware.
- Couple quick tours to touch on. First, Artificial Brain has a few dates up here in the Northeast with Succomb and Luminous Vault this coming November. In case you missed it, their self-titled third album dropped in July through Profound Lore.
- And we’ll wrap up Monday with a little thrash. Warbringer hit the road tomorrow for a run of shows with Heathen and Misfire, and to celebrate the occasion they dropped a new music video for “Crushed Beneath The Tracks”, a track taken from Weapons of Tomorrow, available through Napalm Records. Give it a watch below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Is that it? Am I the last one? Dang. Again. Wait, maybe one more to come… Anyway, I guess I’ll start this off on my soapbox as always, by noting that I truly cannot comprehend where we are as a society. Well, I suppose I can, which is even more frustrating. If 2020 wasn’t a brutal enough year (not in a good way), 2021 seemed to serve as an appropriate encore. Seemingly everything we experience in life has been weaponized for political gain in one way or another, a global pandemic has been widely accepted as an endemic thanks, in part, to widespread misinformation, and, just as bluntly, climate disasters resulting from human activity are on the brink of running rampant for the duration of humanity’s remaining existence… however brief that may be. And those are just my three favorite, non-personal, items to discuss in our corner of the universe. It sucks, and I’m burnt out. Optimism has completely faded at this point, and I’m ready to run screaming into the woods. But hey, cheers to 2020, right?!Continue reading
I am VERY tired… probably because of the bourbon.
- Soulfly have announced a 2022 U.S. tour, kicking off on February 7th in Las Vegas and concluding on March 19th in Gallup, New Mexico. They’ll be supported by 200 Stab Wounds on some of those dates, which is awesome. General admission tickets are on sale now.
- Der Weg einer Freiheit is awesome, and so it their latest album, Noktvrn. Check out this ‘making of’ studio documentary about the album here. And if you still haven’t given it a listen yet, that’s a poor choice, so pick it up here through Season of Mist.
- Polish black metal project Hegeroth have released a new lyric video from their upcoming new album, Sacra Doctrina. Check out the clip for “Out Of Habit” here, and be sure to pre-order that album off Bandcamp ahead of its January 24th release.
- We’ll end Monday with a little atmospheric black metal. Check out the new video from Lord Agheros for “The Walls Of Nowhere”. Koinè is out on February 18th through My Kingdom Music.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Finally a tour I will, without any doubt, attend in the near future.
- And that, of course, is The Ocean, who are finally returning to the U.S. in March. They have a run of shows with Leprous starting on March 1st and continuing through April 2nd. No idea when tickets go on sale, but either way I will be buying many of them. I’m excited.
- More out of Germany! Der Weg einer Freiheit are streaming Noktvrn in full over at the Season of Mist YouTube channel ahead of its release. I mean, it drops on Friday, only a couple days away. But it’s an incredible album and you should be excited to get it a little early.
- Eight Bells have signed on with Prophecy Productions for the release of their third full-length album. That should be out sometime in 2022, but we can also look forward to a reissue of their existing catalog. Good stuff on the horizon.
- Drowse dropped a cover of Slipknot’s “Wait and Bleed” today, and that feels like a thing worth checking out. So… here you go! That’s from a nu metal covers compilation from The Flenser titled Send the Pain Below, which you can grab on vinyl through their Series Three membership.
- And we’ll close some Roadburn Redux material from last year. Horte shared footage of “Valoa on liikaa” today, and you can watch it below. That track is taken from Maa antaa yön vaientaa, which dropped on August 27th through Pelagic Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”