If I don’t get in at least two Cantos per week, am I even responsible for Cantos at all? Yes. The answer is yes.
- Equilibrium is up to things! Their sixth studio album, which will be titled Renegades, will be released on August 16th via Nuclear Blast. That said, I don’t see any updates to my sign-off as a result. As always, thank you “Wirtshaus Gaudi” for that.
- A couple video updates from Possessed today. First, there is a new music video for “Graven”, which is a track taken from the recently released Revelations Of Oblivion. Beyond that, they also dropped the fifth and final installment of their documentary series called “The Creation of Death Metal”. So, watch that too, if you’re into such a thing.
- I’m one of a few people I know that genuinely enjoys Jägermeister, and as such… I NEED THIS.
- And finally, we get a new music video from Exumer for “King’s End”. A bit of a throwback feel to this one, but I dig it.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
It’s snowing. I’m drinking.
- Quick tour announcement from Yatra to kick things off. The doom metallers out of Maryland will be covering a solid portion of the Midwest-ish with dates throughout March. No dates anywhere near me, but this should be a fun one.
- Inter Arma is a name we haven’t mentioned in awhile. Time to change that! They’ve announced their next LP, titled Sulphur English, will be out April 12th via Relapse Records. Even better news? You guessed it. You can hear a new track RIGHT NOW. It’s called “Citadel”.
- Hey, has anyone seen this Desertfest 2019 lineup yet? Holy crap. I don’t see myself getting to London in three months, but those that can will be treated to Amenra, Om, Skraeckoedlan and many other awesome acts. Jealous.
- Aligning with a European tour announcement, Exumer has released a new video for the title track from their upcoming album, Hostile Defiance, which drops on April 5th. Side note: You seeing these release dates? Lots of April babies in the metal world this year.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
[click here for part one] [click here for part two] [click here for part four]
Let’s forget about the frustration that was the lead-up-to / early-departure-from Autopsy and pretend instead that Friday simply went out with a bang. (With Vader, duh.) We were a full day and change into a festival that — judging by the nuanced reactions of THE INTERNET — was supposed to be a total disaster, and yet things were…not just going off as planned, but also actively thriving? Well, spoiler alert, Day 3 at MDF would only prove to be a continuation of that. Let’s get into it. Continue reading