Great. Now I have to reintegrate with society. Ugh.
- Fleshgod Apocalypse dropped some exciting news today. The Italian symphonic death metallers are returning to North America in 2020 with support from The Agonist. But wait, there’s more! They’re bringing a classical string quartet with them! That’s certainly going to take their live show to another level… not that it isn’t ridiculous (in a good way) already.
- Let’s add another reason why I need to be at the LA version of Decibel Magazine Metal & Beer festival, yeah? Prosthetic Records is teaming up with Decibel (duh) and Metal Monkey Brewing to release the “Hops of No Light” double IPA. It will be the official beer of the festival, which is ambitious. Because it’s a double IPA. And those murder (in a good way). I would know, I’m drinking a Heady Topper right now.
- So this is a wicked bummer because I super enjoyed the debut album (see also: only album) from Khôrada, but it appears that project ended as quickly as it started. It was a very quiet announcement, with a couple members dropping info on the socials and whatnot. I’m not going to direct more people in that direction because that’s always a tired game, but here’s the link to the Metal Archives page if you need visual confirmation of some kind.
- Not really much along the lines of new videos today, so here’s an animated clip for Lunar’s track “Comfort”. Prog metal on a Tuesday, why not? Their latest album, Eidolon, dropped last Friday through Divebomb records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
So, another Saturday is upon us and what are you doing with it? Outside maybe? Well, obviously not if you’re reading this and thank you, by the way, for that. Once you get done reading, take this playlist of tunes with you and get the heck outside. Or do something. I’m sure there’s a show playing local to you or a pool to get into or a creek to cool off in. You get the point, just do something but play this loud as hell whatever you’re doing. Yesterday was one hell of a release day and we’ve got a little of that here plus a whole lot more. You know the drill, hit the play button and let the rough side drag. That’s what the weekend is for.
Welcome to another weekend folks. I have relatively little gas in the tank, so to speak, so this Saturday couldn’t possibly come fast enough for me. Whatever sickness wormed its way into my body has been taking its sweet time leaving, so today we’re keeping things short and sweet. You all should know why you’re here, anyway.
Or maybe you don’t. In which case: hi! We put together a playlist of our favorite songs we’ve all been listening to over the past week, just for you, and we do it every Saturday. Check it out below, and check back in next week to see what else we listen to in our free time.
I’m watching soccer whilst writing this.
- A new song yesterday, and a new tour today. I see big things for Spirit Adrift in 2019. They have a number of dates running across North America through May and June with support from Dopethrone, High Command, and Haunt.
- Baroness things! They’ve revealed the title and artwork for their next album, which I cannot wait for. It will be called Gold & Grey and, as always, the artwork is absolutely incredible. They are on tour now, if you weren’t aware for some reason, with Deafheaven.
- I guess we can talk about alcohol. Iron Maiden are now releasing a saké-infused lager called “Sun and Steel”, which, ok fine I guess. Sounds kinda weird to me though, not gonna lie.
- Updates from Fleshgod Apocalyse, which I always enjoy. They have a new video out for “Sugar”. It’s very Fleshgod Apocalypse-y. A reminder that their new album, Veleno, is out May 24th.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”