April 26, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Brujeria have announced a fall tour with, for some reason, Voodoo Glow Skulls. Whom, you may recall, aren’t even remotely metal. Either way, dates are here.
What a busy day it’s been here. Apparently people pay attention to Dark Tranquillity best-of lists. Who knew?
- I encourage all who are capable to participate in the inaugural Full Terror Assault Open Air Festival. As a bonus, you can get an all-in pass for under 40 bucks this week only. Have you seen this lineup? This is an amazing deal.
- Generally, I tend to think Kerry King needs to talk, well…less. That said, on occasion, I agree with the Slayer guitarist. Especially when it comes to his thoughts on the way Mayhem Fest has played out this year.
- I guess I’ll take a moment to talk about a new tour. Trivium and Tremonti will be hitting the road together later this fall. For some reason.
- Korn, another band on tour later this fall, announced today that they will be playing their debut album in its entirety during this tour. Suicide Silence and Islander will be the supporting acts. Again…”for some reason.”
- Finally, for those that previously missed this, Akurion is a new project formed from the members of Cryptopsy and Neuraxis. They dropped their first single, “Yet Ye See Them Not,” and it’s an absolute crusher:
I dig it.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”