April 26, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Brujeria have announced a fall tour with, for some reason, Voodoo Glow Skulls. Whom, you may recall, aren’t even remotely metal. Either way, dates are here.
- Feels like forever since we heard anything from Brendon Small — though a good part of that is Adult Swim’s fault. Well, good news, he’s working on a six-part comic book series based on his solo album, Galaktikon! Which is cool. Just wish we could get some resolution on the Metalocalypse saga.
- The Full Terror Assault festival will be coming back for its third edition this September, and the announced lineup so far is…actually pretty decent? Overkill, Toxic Holocaust, Goatwhore, Raven, Nucleus and a bunch more. Let’s hope they can keep ’em coming.
- Guys, I can’t tell for sure, but…I don’t think the guys in Darkest Hour like Victory Records too much.
- KMFDM have a nice few months coming up: an EP dropping in June, followed by tour dates in Europe and the U.S. from August through…just about Halloween. Good stuff.
- Insomnium is coming back to the U.S. this fall! Technically they’re opening for some other bands, but I only list acts I care about here, so they can suck it. Woo, Finns!
- And finally, Alestorm released a video for their new, self-titled song. Check it out below:
Did these guys always have harsh vocals or is this a new thing? I’m not the biggest Alestorm fan in the world — this song and this cover aside, at least — so pardon my ignorance. Either way, the band’s new album, No Grave but the Sea, comes out May 26 on Napalm Records. That’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,