How long has it been, a week? Well, that’s about how long it has been since I’ve been home. Deal with it.
- Godsmack are officially back on the road, and have announced additional dates today as well. But the real update here is the launch of Sully’s ‘Scars’ Foundation, which will raise awareness and funding for mental health.
- This one is for Dan and anybody else obsessed with GosT. Here is a new single called “The Call of the Faithful”, which is taken from Skull 2019. As a reminder, that will be out on Century Media on May 3rd.
- If you’re one of those people that’s interested in seeing that weird, and controversial, Dio hologram in person, this may be for you. The Dio Returns Tour 2019 will hit the U.S. with Tim “Ripper” Owens and Oni Logan as guest vocalists. I will not be there.
- The music video update at the top of my email list (literally, not figuratively) comes by way of Spain’s Excalibur. If you want some heavy metal in your life, check out this clip for “Las Hordas del Rock”.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Happy Monday. I had basically half a tooth replaced today, which was fun.
- Let’s start with the obvious and congratulate High On Fire for winning a Grammy last night. Those awards mean absolutely nothing, but at least a metal award went to an actual metal band, and not, like, Tenacious D.
- Updates from Dead To A Dying World are always welcomed. Having joined the Profound Lore roster, the Texas-based dark metal band have announced their next album, Elegy will be out April 19th. And I cannot fucking wait.
- Here something for the darker synthwave fans out there. GosT has announced a North American tour with Perturbator. The dates run through April and May and I can think off a few people that are going to jump on this immediately.
- How about a new video from Visigoth? Yes? Yes. Ok. This is “Traitor’s Gate” from Conqueror’s Oath.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Still exhausted from the length of our last Retrocution post? I know I am. Well, fortunately for all of us, this post won’t be 700+ words long. After all, this time out, we’re covering a single, rather than a full album. The track in question? The newest Century Media signee, GOST, who returned this past week with the single, “She Lives in Red Light.” Hit the jump and dig in with us… Continue reading
I’m going to start this post by talking about a Missouri sludge band called The Lion’s Daughter. Now, this may seem like an odd way to start a post that is, ostensibly, about California synthwave duo Dance with the Dead and their new album, Loved to Death, but bear with me here… Continue reading
New week and new month yet I’m still head over heels into last week’s new releases. So much good stuff came out, might take me weeks to get beyond it. Anyway, how was the weekend? Short you say? I agree but the weekend will be here again soon so there’s that. Huge coffee mugs in hand, we offer you another playlist of what grabbed our attention last week and it is indeed another great, eclectic bunch of tracks to make today more bearable. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel here so you never skip a beat. Also, feel free to leave us some comments on what’s been grabbing your attention lately — we’d love to hear about it. Continue reading