Gwar is an absolute metal institution and one that has stood the test of time for 37 years strong. They’ve done things their own way and have carved their own path from the word go and have been inspiration to so many bands since their 1984 start and to be clear, not many bands can lay claim to as many accolades as Gwar is worthy of. Fuckin’ legends, is what I’m saying. If anyone needs an intro to this band…leave the hall. With that said, head inside for an in depth discussion with Blothar via The Nine Circles Audio Thing.Continue reading
If I listen to anything but The Ocean and Enslaved the rest of the year, it will be a freaking miracle.
- In celebration of the album’s 10th anniversary, Alcest are reissuing Écailles De Lune on December 18th. You can pre-order it here, and I gotta say it looks absolutely stunning. Being my favorite Alcest album, I may need to jump on this.
- And as a celebration of the 30th anniversary of Scumdogs of the Universe, GWAR have announced a streaming event on October 30th. “Scumdogs XXX Live” should be quite the spectacle. Tickets can be acquired here.
- Speaking of Enslaved, they have their sights set on some tour plans in 2021. If all works out, they will be hitting a number of European cities with Intronaut, Obsidian Kingdom, and Crown. I adore this band, and they deserve to tour. So I hope all this happens.
- And lastly, a new video from All Souls for “Winds”, a track taken from End of the World, which just dropped a couple weeks ago.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
- Experimental black metal project MRTVI is releasing a new album, Omniscient Hallucinatory Delusion, on November 6th through Transcending Obscurity. Check out the visualizer for “Obscured Reality” here.
- Novarupta have also announced release details for Marine Snow, which drops on November 13th through Suicide Records. There is quite the list of featured vocalists on this record, so it should be a good time.
- Can we spare a minute to appreciate this kid’s AWESOME Oderus Urungus costume? Apparently the young GWAR fan made it from scratch simply to pick up his exam grades. Serious respect.
- And we’ll wrap up Monday with the newest track from Isolert, “Staring At a Path Towards Nowhere”, taken from their sophomore full-length entitled World In Ruins. Give it a listen below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
We’ve reached the end of another one of those kinds of weeks that make me want to pull my hair out, had I any hair left to pull out in the first place. Thankfully, music soothes the savage beast, and we’ve got a boatload of goodies in store for you today. Take a listen below and let us know your favorite tracks we might have forgotten; we always appreciate hot leads on good music.
It’s been forever since I did one of these because I was in the wilderness for a week. But I’m back now. Chris will be so happy.
- Light The Torch have announced a summer and fall tour covering most of the United States. Just mentioning in case anyone’s interested. Some dates are with Gwar, others with Trivium. Good stuff.
- Decibel have announced the first wave of bands for the inaugural Metal & Beer Fest: Los Angeles. Triptykon (playing a Celtic Frost set) and Testament (playing a lot of other stuff). Man, I really want to attend this.
- Remember that time Slayer was gonna be done doing things? Well, they’re doing at least one more thing in 2019. Hellfest Open Air! Which will probably maybe possibly be their last live thing ever.
- Emma Ruth Rundle stuff! First, a massive tour from early July through the end of the year. Second, a new album, On Dark Horses, will be out September 14th on Sargent House. Rejoice! Check out a new single, “Fever Dream”, right now.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”