There are far too many days around here at Nine Circles where progressive bands are essentially ignored. As the resident old man (along with Caryn) it’s up to me to put forth the effort to include progressive acts such as Haken. With their new album Affinity scheduled for release on April 29, 2016, the band has, through their label Inside Out, stepped up the PR machine. In that vein of promotion Haken have now released a video for “Initiate” which is the second track (and first song) on their upcoming release. Continue reading
It’s new release Tuesday—time for another edition of Initial Descent! Here are the new releases we’ll be discussing on the podcast this week!
April 21, 2015
Tribulation – The Children of the Night (Century Media)
Ølten – Mode (Hummus Records)
The Tangent – A Spark in the Aether (Inside Out)
We’ll also have written reviews of these and other new releases here on the site throughout the week, but for now, take a listen and check back later this week for our spoken thoughts in Episode 49!
Other New Releases of Note:
- Gruesome – Savage Land (Relapse) [full review]
- Acid King – Middle of Nowhere, Center of Everywhere (Svart) [full review]
- Kult of Taurus – Adversarial Paths: The Sinister Essence (Forever Plagued) [full review]
- Nocternity – Harps of the Ancient Temples (Iron Bonehead) [full review]
- Danko Jones – Fire Music (Bad Taste/MRI)
- Aelter – Aelter IV: Love Eternal (Pesanta Urfolk) [full review]