Man, it’s been a while since I did one of these. I think I pulled a muscle just typing that last sentence. But, our fearless leader Josh is taking a very, VERY well-deserved vacation, so you’ve got me for this edition. I’ll try not to disappoint too much. Lucky for you, (maybe?) there are some bands I know releasing stuff this week! We start with Saor, who returns with full-length No. 5, Origins. I still fondly remember the early days of this blog, when Corey and I didn’t know about folky black metal and thus promptly had our minds blown by the band’s then-new album, Aura. Good to see ’em back. Let’s see, who else… oh! Khold! Pretty sure I know them! The Norwegians return with their first full-length slab of black metal in almost eight years. Not into black metal? How about some good, old-fashioned Swedish death? Well, good news: Paganizer is also back this week! We also have a highlight that… isn’t really metal, per se, but still kinda exciting: the first reunion album from Canadian post-hardcore legends Alexisonfire. That’s just four highlights, so you know what to do from here: hit the link below and peep the full list!Continue reading
The guys are back from MDF 2016 and ready to recap all of their shenanigans on this special Maryland Deathcast! To do that, they walk through all four days of the festival and highlight their favorite sets (including Dragged Into Sunlight, Horrendous, Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin and more), then share some field recordings they gathered with Corey’s fancy new mic on Sunday. Plus, as always, a Heaven and Hell portion.
All that and…not all that much more in Episode 44, but check it out anyway!
Also available on:
- Google Play
- Plus Podkicker, Libsyn, and wherever else you might get your podcasts!
Keep it heavy,
You know what I did today? I bought tickets to Animals As Leaders/Devin Townsend AND In Flames/Opeth. You know what else I did? …Fucking worked. So keeping on those lines, how about some Quickies?
- Hey check this out: GWAR are doing things again. Here’s some tour info. I won’t personally be in attendance, but it’s still good to see.
- As per usual, here are your album sales from the previous week. There really isn’t anything here worth mentioning. At all. Sorry.
- In honor of Dimebag Darrell’s 48th birthday, check out how some other musicians celebrated him.
- For the cheaters out there, you can now stream Opeth’s ‘Pale Communion’ in full. I haven’t yet, but most assuredly will. Because cheater.
- So if you ever wanted to know what Behemoth looked like playing without corpse paint, here’s your chance.
- How about a little death n roll? Here’s Khold’s ‘Til Endes’. I promise, it’s a good time.
- Finally, a band that caught our attention at MDF 2014. Here is the ‘Runaway Girls’ music video from Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats:
Did I mention NSFW? No? My bad. I’m gonna go piss more money into concert tickets now.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.