Hello friends! We made it through another week and that definitely deserves a cheers. It is time to drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offerings: Meridian Dawn‘s The Pagan Poetry EP and Saugatuck Brewing Company‘s Blueberry Maple Stout.Continue reading
Welcome to another Saturday morning mixtape, perfect to get you up and awake if you find yourself in a post-Christmas hangover state. We jammed this one full of our favorite holiday themed tracks, plus a few choice secular jams to round things out. Grab your cup of cheer and listen down below.
Yep, 10.31. HALLOWEEN. The best day of the year. So, in light of this, we bring you our spooky edition or gore edition or occult edition, all depends on what video is playing at the time. Brother Vince made the call for spooooooooky videos and I was over here with zero power or internet so in lieu of putting him on the last minute spot, you got me. So, what horrors are in store? What wicked tricks do we have? I bring some wicked death metal, King Diamond and Axeslasher, Jon brings some Devin Townsend, Angela brings Ghost B.C. and Misfits (topical, I might add), Ian brings The Mountain Goats (no surprise) and Pallbearer, and Hera brings some Zeal & Ardor. And, we close with two HITS from Two Minutes To Late Night and even though it’s not Christmas, both of these are still tailor made for today, you’ll see. Hit play and go scare up some good times somewhere or just hang in and sync this up with an old favorite horror movie. Either way, enjoy and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Been listening to a lot of Paradise Lost today. Just thought you should know.
- Check out this live performance from The Devil’s Trade for “Dead Sister”, a new track taken from The Call of the Iron Peak. That album is out now through Season of Mist, and I assure you it is quite good.
- Varathron are streaming the 30th anniversary live album Glorification Under The Latin Moon a day before it’s release, just in case you were waiting anxiously for that one.
- King Diamond will release The Dark Sides on CD and LP formats on October 30th. Originally released in 1988, the collection features five tracks and an outro. You know what to do.
- And we’ll tie this up with a new video from Boundaries for “Behind the Bend”. Your Receding Warmth drops on November 13th through Unbeaten Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
“Cold embrace is the savior in disguise. Through old age, only danger never dies.”
- Amorphis has announced a live stream event in celebration of their 30th anniversary. There will be two performances, on July 3rd and July 4th, and ticket buyers will be able to watch the performance over a 48 hour window.
- Septicflesh will be releasing a DVD of “Infernus Sinfonica MMXIX”. That footage is from a performance in Mexico City back in February of 2019. It will be available on July 31st through Season of Mist.
- If you appreciate photography, this auction hosted by Nathaniel Shannon, in cooperation with MetalSucks, is worth exploring. It will benefit For The Nomads, a charity organized for touring crews hit hard recently. Definitely an excuse to snag a print of King Diamond, Every Time I Die, or The Black Dahlia Murder.
- Ulcerate have dropped one of the best albums in 2020 so far with Stare Into Death And Be Still, so let’s check out this awesome video for “Dissolved Orders” taken from that album (out now on Debemur Morti Productions).
“Ein Bier… bitte.”