Hello, everyone! It’s a great day isn’t it? Hot and humid all day with thunderstorms in the near future. Epic. A solid night to write up on some metal. Here’s what’s going on in the world today.
- Let’s start with a new tour! And a freaking big one. Between the Buried and Me will be hitting the road in November with Enslaved, Intronaut, and Native Construct. I’m skipping it because I already saw Enslaved headline a show this year. Still a beast of a lineup, though.
- You know what? Fuck it, let’s talk about another massive tour. This one features GWAR, Born of Osiris, and Battlecross. That particular lineup will be covering North America throughout October and November.
- I don’t support Trivium, but this is kind of cool. Matt Heafy is auctioning off his metal shirt collection to benefit the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. 100% of the proceeds will be donated. This is a very, very awesome thing.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! is getting all metal on us. We already know about Lamb of God’s feature in the next week or so. But it was also announced recently that Faith No More would be performing the following week. Metal for the masses!
- Finally, let’s close with a new Deafheaven track called “Brought to the Water”:
You probably already know how I feel about it. And it isn’t negative.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”