Three posts from me in a day? That’s the first time this has happened in…probably at least six months. Maybe longer. I don’t know. But either way, I’ve had a late night at the office so I figured I’d close things down for the week in style — with a Canto post. God I’m lame. Anyway, here’s what we missed today:
- As you might have surmised from the header image, Migration Fest announced the addition of two more bands to its lineup: Magic Circle and Mizmor. I’ll admit, I don’t know what the hell a Mizmor is, but I’m game either way.
- Swans frontman Michael Gira has been accused of rape by former collaborator Larkin Grimm. Ugh.
- Powerman 5000 frontman Spider One (yes, that’s actually what he goes by) is claiming a song in Final Fantasy XIV ripped off his band’s song “When Worlds Collide.” Three things here: 1) I remember buying the album “When Worlds Collide” was on as a 10-year-old and now I hate myself a bit; 2) Spider One isn’t wrong here; and 3) WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYBODY RIP OFF POWERMAN 5000???
- Apparently, late GWAR frontman Dave Brockie wrote an RPG game book called “Towers Two” before his untimely death. Sight unseen, I can personally guarantee it’s better than Varg’s.
- Finally, Babymetal released their new single, “KARATE.” Take a listen below:
It’s no “Gimme Chocolate!!!” but it’ll do. Anyway, that’s all for now. Have a good weekend, kids.
Keep it heavy,