Midway through the week and midway through giving a shit. Been a relatively slow week so far from a metal news standing. Let’s see what we have today:
- Weekly album sales. Nothing super notable. But fucking Mr. Big somehow made this list and I’m all kinds of annoyed by this.
- Jonas Åkerlund, former drummer of Bathory, just bought a church. Yeah… he bought a fucking church. I am so confused.
- Bernie Vesailles, guitarist for Redemption and Agent Steel, is in a coma after suffering an aneurysm. This sucks. From what I understand he is very, very good guy.
- The lyrical content of the upcoming King Diamond album will include his experience post heart surgery. And from what it sounds like… he’s got some crazy stories to tell.
- And an early-ish front runner for my Video of the Year has to Monster Magnet’s ‘The Duke’:
This is a band a really should be getting more into.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.