First off, happy weekend. Second, it’s Saturday and I’m sure you thought we weren’t running Initial Descent. Well, fooled you. If you have an opinion regarding this running on Saturday let us know in the comments otherwise let’s get on with it. Another week and another list of metal for you to check out; death metallers Colosso are back with their third full length Obnoxious, Divebomb Records is releasing Bewitcher‘s Self-Titled debut on CD format, Tardive Dyskinesia gets crazy with Harmonic Confusion and of course Devin Townsend Project return with Transcendence. But wait, there’s so much more, click that “continue reading” link. Continue reading
“Willingly guided into heresy. Beneath the surface, stark emptiness. And you’d pity my conviction, whereas I thought of myself as a leader.”
- Starting with a tour because it’s my favorite thing to do. Belphegor have announced a North American tour this coming August. Support will be provided by Origin, Shining, and Abigail Williams.
- So Ivan Moody has an apparent addiction problem. It has been recently announced that Five Finger Death Punch are now helping him take steps to overcome those issues.
- Airbourne has been up to things. Their fourth studio album, Breakin’ Outta Hell, will be out this fall on Spinefarm. Ya know, if you’re into them and stuff.
- People still wear Converse All Stars, right? I’m pretty they do. Well, now you can get that same style of shoe with a built in wah peddle. I have no idea why this is a good idea, but I guess it’s entertaining.
- Here’s a Denner / Shermann video for “Son of Satan” because I don’t even know anymore.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Well, we made everyone. Or at least… everyone that will also be participating in Maryland Deathfest 2016 festivities. It’s Tuesday, which means I leave for The Land of Nothing and The Wire tomorrow night. And to follow up last week’s recap of MDF 2014, I will now take this opportunity to remind myself and everyone else how amazing MDF 2015 was. Because, without a doubt, it was my best experience at MDF to date. Continue reading
“One day I’m gettin’ to the point where I ain’t gonna do nothing but try to be strungout on you. You let me drown way deep down below, for the fleeting past to let go. Until the end I raise and batter around, lookin’ at my own reflection. Forever i shall kiss you goodbye to kill my soul addiction.”
- Trouble at the Five Finger Death Punch camp! The band is being sued by their label, Prospect Park, on grounds that they are trying to rush shitty music before Ivan Moody’s eventual downfall. Well… that certainly is something.
- Not long after they got harassed in Russia, Belphegor have announced a headlining tour here in the United States. They will be supported by Origin and Shining, among others.
- Is Ozzfest going to be a thing again? Rockstar Mayhem Fest is dead and they’ve been all kinds of active with throwbacks on their Facebook page recently. Hmmm.
- Didn’t Periphery just drop a double album? Not that it matters. They have announced their next album, Periphery III: Select Difficulty, will drop on July 22nd. Upcoming U.S. tour to follow in August.
- Lacuna Coil‘s “Delirium” because why not?
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Welcome to the first edition of our special, Maryland Deathfest 2015 minisode series!
We’re down in Baltimore for the lucky, 13th edition of our most hallowed U.S. metal festival, and pleased to bring you a quick recap of Day 1 (Thursday) of this year’s shenanigans. With a guest appearance from co-host emeritus Kevin Davis, as well as brief cameos from his girlfriend AND cat, we share our thoughts on Origin, Internal Bleeding, Devourment and Mobb Deep, as well as the James Joyce Pub and something called Zombeavers! Fun for everyone!
Also available on: