It’s another Monday and nobody is happy about it.
- Black Sabbath has postponed two shows due to Ozzy’s illness. It sounds like Ozzy will be fine and the dates will be made up efficiently enough. A bummer, but it sounds like it will all work out in the end.
- Benji Webbe, lead singer of Skindred, was attacked over the weekend. In a seriously scary incident, he was slashed with a knife. It sounds like he will be ok, but the whole situation is really messed up.
- Well, maybe Megadeth are relevant again. Dystopia opened at number 3 on the Billboard top 200. In a surprise to absolutely nobody, I still have not listened to it. And this won’t help that.
- Phil Anselmo has apologized for his idiot remarks at Dimebash. Scott Ian, however, doesn’t think that is enough. He is calling on Phil to make some donations to prove exactly where he stands. An interesting development, for sure.
- You know who we never talk about? Halestorm. Here is a new music video for “Mayhem.”
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Hello, everyone! Welcome to another week of apathy and resentment! Let us begin…
- To kick things off, it was reported that Century Media has been sold to Sony Music for about $17 million. This is clearly part of a growing trend, the real question is… How will the bands we all know and love under this label be impacted?
- Here is an interesting list of the 250 best selling musicians of all time. Not a bad showing for metal, with AC/DC, Metallica, and Ozzy Osbourne all making solid showings.
- It was only just brought to our attention that Corey Taylor was looking to expand Knotfest to additional locations. Well, in a quick turnaround, the festival has announced a December 5th date in Toluca.
- This is kinda funny, Vinnie Paul was denied entry into a bar in New Zealand because he wouldn’t remove his bandana. I lied, this isn’t funny at all. Moving on…
- I don’t like Skindred, but here’s a new track called “Under Attack” that definitely brings some energy. Enjoy.
Or don’t. Because I don’t like it at all. But hey, it’s a slow video day.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Is our title perhaps a bit self-serving? Yes. But it’s also more news-worthy than anything that happened today, so you’ll just have to deal. Anyway, it’s a weekend, so let’s not waste any more time than we need to here, folks! Here are today’s Quickies–let’s see if we’ve missed anything in the world of metal, shall we?
- Without the festering ball of mediocrity we call “Slayer” in his life, Dave Lombardo’s got a bit more time on his hands–more time for things like, oh, I don’t know…helping out with the score for Insidious 3. I don’t really have anything to say about this, but the Photoshopped image at the beginning of the post is pretty chuckle-worthy.
- Speaking of festering balls of mediocrity, Ministry announced their new touring lineup. Because, yes, for some reason, Ministry is still touring.
- The guys in Black Crown Initiate have launched an IndieGogo campaign to help finance a new touring van. Reasons you should donate: the perks include all kinds of unique merch, Skype lessons, and even lifetime admission to all of the band’s future U.S. and Canadian shows. Oh, and the band is kickass. That’s a pretty good reason, too.
- I don’t really know what the hell Miss Fortune is. From the name alone, I’m about 95% sure it’s the kind of band I wouldn’t like. But oh well, apparently their vocalist was charged with domestic violence and has now had those charges dropped. Whatever.
- Skindred 1, Kim Kardashian zip. Okay, more like 0.5 to zip. Had to subtract points because of male full-backal nudity.
- And finally, Bloodbath’s out with a new video for “Church of Vastitas.” Check it out here:
That’ll about do it. Enjoy the weekend and we’ll see you back here on Monday!
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.