Satan poked a hole in the top of hell and let some heat out this week. No complaints from me but I know plenty that haven’t been happy with seeing 90 degree marks this week. Two ways I recommend to combat this early warmth: stick around with us for all the new metal we have on tap this week, then watch Terrifier and Pyewacket. Back to back. I heard about these beauties, earlier in the week, from Necromaniacs Podcast which would be a solid third option to stay in the AC. Moving on, this week’s new metal starts with Texas based brutal death metallers Flesh Hoarder on their debut Homicidal Necrophile which grabbed my attention very quickly — depraved, horrific and an excellent debut. Next up is De Profundis who take a look at the impact of religion through the lens of their best and most progressive death metal thus far in their career on The Blinding Light of Faith. Skinless return with their sixth full length Savagery and after all this time, their brand of death metal brutality still hits extremely hard and leaves an indelible mark. Rounding out our top slots, The Death Wheelers offer up their brand of instrumental sleaze n’ roll on debut I Tread On Your Grave which as a fan of 70s ‘sploitation films and greasy rock n’ roll, this one has received tons of spins from me. Whether you’re enjoying the heat or not, there’s plenty more to explore below so hang around, kick your feet up and enjoy. Continue reading
It is more reassuring than you expect when you experience a band simply excelling at what it does best. For New York State’s brutal death metal merchants Skinless, Savagery is just that album: one that is rapacious as it is the group’s clearest statement ever of its primacy in the genre. Continue reading
- Remember when Nergal/Behemoth got into trouble for that shirt design… Polish flag… something or other? Well, all those charges have been dropped. Because duh.
- Yob things! In case you missed it, they’ll be on tour soon. More importantly, they dropped a new single today called “The Screen”. Pre-orders for their new album, Our Raw Heart, are now available over at Relapse.
- Skinless are going to log a few East coast dates randomly in June and October. So do that. If you’re into that kinda thing.
- More new music fun! This one is from Deafheaven. It’s called “Honeycomb”. And it’s awesome.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Had the unfortunate and tired conversation over the weekend regarding rock/metal being dead. My first reaction was to belly laugh so hard I thought my rib cage was going to split wide open and my second was to proceed in regaling these folks with tales of all the ridiculously killer albums that have been released since 2018 began, all of which fell on skewed ears. But I also directed them to this very website along with a choice few others and politely asked them to get back to me after some much needed research. We’ll see if they oblige and I’ll update you if so but don’t hold your breath, I’m not holding mine. Anyway, another week is upon us which means we’ve got another full playlist of stuff that grabbed our attention last week and hopefully it’ll grab yours as well. Subscribe to our YouTube channel here and dive in below. Rock/metal is far from dead, it lives and breathes in all of us. Cheers to you and have a great week. Continue reading
“You won’t find a friendly face in the crowd, it’s quite amusing to see how you suffer.”
- We all like Devin Townsend quite a bit, so this should be exciting news for everyone. Our favorite Canadian is gearing up to release Transcendence, his next album, later this year. Once he actually records it.
- Mastodon‘s Brent Hinds, with apparent friend Norman Reedus, got matching tattoos. More importantly, they are tattoos honoring Lemmy. We should all respect this.
- Amon Amarth has announced their touring drummer finally. It is going to be Jocke Wallgren of October Tide. Their tour technically begins tonight in London.
- Following the horrific attacks on Brussels from earlier today, Baroness has of course canceled their show in the city this evening. I don’t even know where to begin regarding everything that happened.
- Skinless released their first album in almost a decade not too long ago. And they treat us to a music video for “Flamethrower.” Take a look below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”