Turkey week, folks. Do it up. New stuff this week brings us some dissonant black metal from Deveneror, blackened death metal from Azarath that favors speed and brutality, an excellent thrash return from Sodom, and an outstanding live album from Morne. Beyond that, the list is yet again very long so there’s certainly something here for everyone. If you’re reading this and in a band with an upcoming release you want featured here, send us an email with the details. And, if you’re wondering why X band is not featured here, tell us in the comments what we missed and why it should’ve been here. You never know, your favorite might become ours as well. Sharing is caring. Or, something like that.Continue reading
Good morning all. Welcome to another Saturday mixtape session. This week, your resident screamo buff loses his mind over both new envy and new Loma Prieta (!!!!!), our newest staff member throws in one of Yob’s finest cuts (and check out her review of the new Tribulation live album if you haven’t already), and Chris reminds me that I need to be listening to more Voivod always. If you’re looking for something new to jam, there’s something for just about everyone here, so grab some headphones and a strong morning beverage and check out what we’ve been listening to down below.
As I write this I’ve got some furious death metal punching holes in my eardrums and some really freakin’ phenomenal bourbon coating my insides. So, a good Friday…wait, Saturday. I don’t know, it’s late or early – whatever. Anyway, Thanksgiving is closing in which, in the metal and music world in general, means EOY time. Yea, I saw the Decibel thing get blasted because some dope leaked it but I didn’t read ahead to see what they picked – all it really did was remind me that I’ve got to start whittling my own list down and decide on this year’s bounty (it’s a must that I stock my liquor cabinet well). Moving on, we’ve got another stacked playlist in store for you below that, more than likely, features songs that will be attending EOY parties across the globe. But the point to this is these are all songs we’ve been cranking lately and we wanted to share the joy. So, BEHOLD, Vol. 56 awaits…
Enjoy your weekend, Happy Thanksgiving, and we will be seeing you here next week.
1/22/2018. Freaking. Monday.
- Biggest news of the day for sure. Slayer have announced one final world tour. The previous rumor of the monster tour featuring Behemoth, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, and Testament was confirmed. Check out this video for more details.
- More farewell tour stuff. This one involves Satyricon and America. They will be supplementing their appearance at MDF with a handful of other dates here in the US, and then they’re done with us forever. Honestly, I can’t really blame them. But I’m still sad.
- Sodom have announced a new lineup. I guess they have a single coming later this summer with the new members. Do with that news what you will.
- Twitching Tongues have revealed details behind their new album, Gaining Purpose Through Passionate Hatred, which drops on March 9th. For now, you can check out a video for the first single off that record, titled “Harakiri”. If you’re into that.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
- All Pigs Must Die have announced a brief run of shows on the west coast. If any of these dates come your way, this could be a fun one.
- Lots of shuffling going on over at Sodom. Like, all of the shuffling. Only Angelripper remains. For now.
- Hey, we have ourselves a new Judas Priest song. It’s called “Lightning Strike” and apparently is quite good! No surprise there.
- Orphaned Land have released a new lyric video for “We Do Not Resist”. Check it out.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”