First up; as you may know, Louisiana got ripped up from Ida which means they could use all the help they can get seeing as it might be days/weeks before running water and power is established in some areas. If you can, go here to donate and trust me, every little bit helps even if it’s five bucks. Further, more areas were hit hard so do some research and find other donation links for these areas. Alright then, new metal time and of course, we got it. One might say Aborted was the easy choice to kick things off since it’s first in alphabetical order but, order means nothing when it comes to this hotly anticipated slab o’ death metal from these titans! What matters is quality, and they got it. Moving on, UK bruisers Mastiff got signed to a biggie and got heavier, honestly I had no idea they could get heavier yet here we are so be sure to grab this one. Then we’ve got a powerviolence meets sludge meets fastcore meets hardcore split from Trappist and Connoisseur and maaaaan what an anvil this thing is! Last up top but not least in this list is Cult Burial with a slappin’ EP of death metal that leans towards the sludgy side, and it rips. Obviously, much more awaits in the list below. So, if you’re in the US and celebrating a day off, there’s no excuse not to unload some cash on several of these albums. If you’re elsewhere, you still have zero excuse. So. Much. Good. Metal. DO IT…Continue reading
Catch that Enslaved Below the Lights stream last week? Maybe it’s still up but if not, and you missed it, shame on you is all I can say. Anyway, another new week and another massive pile of bloody metal to sink your teeth into. Shall we? Rhetorical, of course. The Bay Area’s death metal behemoths Necrot are back with a vicious slab of old school infused death that’ll set your head on fire and make your ears bleed, everyone’s favorite grind masters Pig Destroyer have an EP that is at once familiar but boundary pushing on the backside, Exist chair an all star class on how progressive metal should be done, and Panzerfaust hit us right in the raw yet hypnotic black metal feels and those are good feels, to be sure. See? I told you this week would be massive, and there’s still a ton more below. Enjoy.
To be clear, I’m going to use every excuse to share the above cover art possible. It is brilliant and I’m obsessed with it.
- Rotting Christ shared a pro-shot live video for “The Fifth Illusion”, performed in the studio. That track was taken from 1994’s Non Serviam, so it’s cool to see them digging through the archives a bit for this.
- Necrot dropped another track from their upcoming new album, Mortal. This one is called “Your Hell”. I hope everyone is as excited about this release as I am. Just another month until this thing drops (through Tankcrimes).
- Corey Taylor dropped two new solo songs, “CMFT Must Be Stopped” and “Black Eyes Blue”. Some interesting guest spots on these. I’m going to spend some time with these later, but I’m definitely curious what everyone thinks about em.
- And we’ll close with some heavy stuff out of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. This is Nagazi with the new video for “Triumphant”. Give it a watch and listen immediately below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
Bay Area’s Necrot have, in short order, become a household name for those of us that love our death metal sinewy and with tons of blood and guts yet keeping intact the basic tenets that death metal was built upon. Their first full length Blood Offerings saw the band explode with tons of positive coverage and electrifying live shows to back it up. And now with their second offering Mortal they build on this success with an even gnarlier sound that will appeal to not only death metal fans but fans of all metal far and wide. There’s no escaping the hype train for these guys but it is well deserved, this is a band that is building their future by staying true to themselves and working as hard as they can to share true death metal with the masses. It’s vicious, pummeling ecstacy and truly lightning in a bottle as bassist and vocalist Luca Indrio will explain immediately below.
“You think it’s a circus, the truth is it’s a strategy. American beauty twisted into a tragedy, out in a blaze of glory.”
- Necrot dropped a new single today called “Asleep Forever”. Mortal is out on August 28th through Tankcrimes, and I’m super excited about it. Also, the cover art is simply beautiful.
- Dream Evil have announced a live stream event on June 27th at 2PM EST. The gig will be performed at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, and produced by Patric Ullaeus, which is a pretty big deal.
- Anti-Flag has also announced a digital tour, appropriately titled “Quarantine Sucks, Let’s Party!”. The streams dates start 6/26 and run through 7/1, if you opt for an all access option.
- And we will wrap up with a new music video from Inner Missing for “Chasing The Wind”. That one was taken from Ghostwriter, which dropped last year through Inverse Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”