1/12/2018. Friday. Did I really complete a full week? Damn.
- Tours. Everywhere. The first one is just a rumor for now (I think), but it features Slayer, Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, and Testament. Massive. It’s like a more watered down version of last year’s tour.
- Now for a tour I’m more excited about. Primitive Man and Spectral Voice. God. Dammit. That is going to kick ass.
- How about one more new Tribulation song before the album drops? This one is called “The World”. And my excitement for Down Below continues to grow exponentially.
- So this is pretty cool. Check out a new track from blackened death metallers Kaoteon called “Damnatio Memoriae”, the title-track from their new album out February 23rd. The group features members of Obscura and Marduk.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
1/8/2018. I have to work five days this week. GARBAGE.
- The Crown have announced a new album, Cobra Speed Venom, will be out March 16th through Metal Blade. You can check out a new track called “Iron Crown” here.
- The Northwest Terror Fest 2018 lineup is here. Panopticon, Falls Of Rauros, False and so many more. This thing is loaded. I can’t go, but holy actual shit.
- Abbath-less Immortal’s new album is complete! I don’t really know what to expect from it, but it sounds like it’ll be available for us later this year.
- Yay! Another new track from Tribulation. This one is for “Lady Death”, off of the upcoming new album (obviously).
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
We, well…most of us, made it through another New Year’s Eve and I’d love to regale you with tall tales regarding last night but let’s just say I’d rather have that one back with a different set of circumstances. Anyway, here we are, freshly minting a new year where the metal slate is clean for all comers. I’m expecting big things this year out of metal and you should be too, seek out what you love and challenge your listening habits. But for now we have our playlist full of things that were in our rotation from last week. Subscribe here, grab some coffee, and head inside to have a listen. And if you do nothing else today please take a minute to call a loved one or a friend and tell them how much they mean to you, we aren’t guaranteed tomorrow. Continue reading
With 2017 not even over yet, it may seem strange to already be writing about what’s to come next, but such is the nature of reviewing music: the delicate balance between making sure you revisit your favorites from a particular year and keeping an eye out for upcoming releases. With my end-of-year list mostly finalized (and coming to you all after I resuscitate myself from the madness of the holidays), I have some time to think about what comes after this. With that being said, this list is being published a little earlier than last years’, only because several of these releases are (to my utmost glee) dropping in a matter of weeks. Without further ado, here is what’s on my radar for 2018. Continue reading
Short work week ahead so that’s always a plus but we still have a few days to slog through to get there. And it’s Monday so hopefully you’re caffeinated and ready to roll. But if not we have the perfect playlist consisting of all the stuff we jammed on last week to help you get the proverbial juices flowing and see you through the day. We hope you dig it and as usual you can subscribe to our YouTube channel here to get a jump on what we do the minute it happens. Instant gratification at its finest. Anyway, head inside and hit the play button… Continue reading